Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Switching Formula's with Reckless Abandon?

I have a TON of free formula samples... like, 9 canisters.

I've switched twice and LO seems to tolerate everything without an issue (we BF 50% and supplement the rest).

Does anyone else switch a lot?  Is there anything wrong with it if LO tolerates it? 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...

Re: Switching Formula's with Reckless Abandon?

• I can't imagine there'd be a problem.  I have a friend who has taken all my samples and is doing the same thing (we are EBF).  I would think as long as the components are similar (which I sure most manufacturers are) you'd be good.  I don't know if I'd go back and forth between soy and dairy though, that might be hard for LO's tummy to accept.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I switched Hadley's formula from Similac to Costco's store brand cold turkey and she did great with it, but she hasn't ever had stomach problems... I don't think it would be a problem at all but like the other poster said, I wouldn't switch between soy, and other types of formula.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good point re:soy/dairy... So far, I just switched from Similac to Enfamil newborn... I also have the "gas/fussiness" ones... Do you think that would be a problem to switch to?  I guess only if he gets used to ONLY that!  :) 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • my theory - don't tell LO and maybe he/she won't know! i've heard that you can't switch pet foods either, but i do that all the time too. my cats don't notice. if they're hungry enough, they'll eat it! and if you aren't noticing BM/gas/belly issues, i don't see why it matters. if your doctor gives you crap about it, don't tell them. you're the one who has to live with any consequences.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"