Natural Birth

Hypnobirth Class wrapped at 26 weeks - homework for the next 14?

Due to my work travel schedule, we had to take our hypnobirth class pretty early.  I'm 26 weeks and we are done with classes. I'm listening to relaxations and affirmations every other day.  What else should I be doing to get myself ready for delivery.  What should DH be doing?
image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hypnobirth Class wrapped at 26 weeks - homework for the next 14?

• i finished my class when i was 18 weeks and i had a wonderful, calm hypnobirth. now i teach it!

you should be:

- listening to the RR cd daily

- practicing the 3 breathing techniques several times a day

- practicing your choice of 1 relaxation technique and 1 deepening technique at least once a day, alternating techniques each day

- visualizing baby being in an ideal position (remember the ideal fetal positioning poster)

- visualizing the opening blossom

- eating well, excercising and toning your body

- beginning perenial massage at 32 weeks

- using any of the exercises from class before you go to sleep at night, while having a massage, or any other time when you are relaxing (arm-wrist test, sensory gate control valve, glove relaxation)

what your DH should be doing:

- daily practicing either the rainbow relaxation script or birth companion's deepening script (alternating each day)

- reviewing daily the birth companion's affirmations

- reviewing the birth companion's prompt guide

you should both continue to bond and connect with the baby, reread the book and read only positive HypnoBirthing birth stories.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lindsey, this is super helpful.  Thank you!
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHuahine:
    Lindsey, this is super helpful.  Thank you!

you are welcome. ;)

also, check in from time to time with your practitioner. she may have new information, articles, fact sheets, etc. that can help you in your practice and with dialoging with your OB/MW as your birthing time nears.

many practitioners offer the opportunity to drop in on an ongoing class. i offer, but don't usually encourage drop-ins, b/c my office space is small and i find it interferes with progression and intimacy of my current class. instead, i provide every mom in my class a private hypnotherapy session included in tuition to use whenever they like. most save it for the last couple weeks of pregnancy. maybe your practitioner offers something similar?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"