3rd Trimester

anxiety when leaving FI.

I have noticed throughout the pregnancy I have the worst time leaving FI's side. I have no idea why though! Lately it's to the point I just cry everytime he goes to work or anywhere that I know I can't be there with him. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to stop or get better? I feel ridiculous crying everytime he leaves and I feel bad.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anxiety when leaving FI.

• It's called hormones, hunny. Unfortunately there's not much you can do. Is this your first? If so, be prepared for them to be out of whack for a while after the baby is born, too.

Do you have a sweatshirt of his, or a t-shirt or something you can wear that smells like him? Maybe that would help?

GL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • I had a tough time with DH leaving before DD was born.  After DD was born, it wasn't as hard when DH left but the first time DH took DD somewhere by himself, I was a huge mess.  It was a good thing I was home alone because DH would have been offended that I didn't trust him - but really, my life had just walked out the door when both left.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sadly I don't have any advice, its just hormones. DH is getting deployed when LO is 6 mo's and he can't even talk to me about it without me bawling my eyes out. When he works late I cry...he does like seeing my emotional side more because the non pregnant me NEVER cries or gets emotional lol.
  • I get anxiety being away from DH, too. I haven't cried about it (yet, haha), but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the dynamic in the house has changed; it's no longer going to be just us anymore! I think it takes a toll on your mental state whether you realize it or not. The hormones don't help, either!!
  • Don't feel bad, it really is hormones.  My husband took me to a nice steakhouse for dinner last week, and I started to cry in the middle of the dining room because I missed him while he was gone in the bathroom for 5 minutes.  Not embarrassing *at all*.  :P  
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageZoeyMarie:

It's called hormones, hunny. Unfortunately there's not much you can do. Is this your first? If so, be prepared for them to be out of whack for a while after the baby is born, too.

Do you have a sweatshirt of his, or a t-shirt or something you can wear that smells like him? Maybe that would help?

GL.

Yes this is my first. I'm really not used to these hormones as you can tell. haha I was never really emotional and now i cry all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"