Babies: 9 - 12 Months

acorns?

is there anyone that lives in New England? I live in Connecticut and have oak trees all around my house. Last year our elderly neighbor claimed it was a record year for acorns as she has lived here for 50 years as we filled 15 Lowes bags with them and we have the smallest lot on the street! This year the acorns started falling 1.5 weeks ago, and all day I just listen to them slamming against the roof as they fall. It seriosuly makes me feel depressed when I think about trying to fit in time for all that yard work when I can barely make time to mow the lawn! Totally off subject of babies but this is driving me crazy Whisper
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: acorns?

• Black walnut trees line my driveway. When they fall to the ground I hear it on the other side of the house. Supposedly they can be used for cooking, but I don't feel like drying them out and then peeling them. 

Save the acorns and make crafts with them, although I don't know what you would do with trash bags full of them. Maybe you'll get lucky and some animals will eat them. Don't pigs eat them? Maybe get a pig :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lol yes... *runs out to get a pig*

no but really, I will look up something for crafts.. maybe put them in a bowl for fall decor

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"