December 2011 Moms
Options

are any of you mamas out there adopted?

I was just wondering if there were any other "adoptees" out there besides myself? This pregnancy means so much to me b/c of the fact Ive never had any "biological" family in my life. My adopted family is THE BEST but it will be nice to have someone directly related to me. Anyone?

Re: are any of you mamas out there adopted?

• Options
    My mother was adopted and my husband was adopted.  My mom has no biological family, but my DH was adopted WITH his biological sister from El Salvador.  So, although he has a blood sister, I truly think this baby is very special not only to him but to his adoptive parents (My IL's).  The craziest thing for me as having no family history on my mom's side OR my DH's side!

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• Options
    I'm not, but my DH is. And on top of that, he's from England, so the only family he's ever known isn't with him.
    DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehlc820:
    My mother was adopted and my husband was adopted.  My mom has no biological family, but my DH was adopted WITH his biological sister from El Salvador.  So, although he has a blood sister, I truly think this baby is very special not only to him but to his adoptive parents (My IL's).  The craziest thing for me as having no family history on my mom's side OR my DH's side!

I'm in almost the same situation - my dad and my husband were adopted. I feel like there are huge gaps in our health history and sometimes that bothers me. I'm not sure how my husband feels about finally having a "biological" family, and I never thought to ask my dad how he felt about it.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"