LGBT Parenting

AW: Christmas in September (PIPs inside)

Ok, so you all know my DW is pretty freaking awesome, right? GUESS WHAT?!?! She got me my Christmas present already and gave it to me! It's a DSLR camera (a Canon Rebel T3i, to be exact Wink)! She said she wanted me to have it so I can learn it before the holidays and take awesome photos of our family (they're "photos," right, with this level of camera? "pictures" are so point-and-shoot, lol!).

I am beyond excited... I can't even tell you! I have wanted a DSLR for so long, but I never could justify the expense. Now if it's a gift, I can't really say no, can I? Wink And with just the couple of minutes I've gotten to play with it, it is SO worth it! I have crazy amounts of stuff to learn (the extent of my photography experience is making a pinhole camera out of an oatmeal can in grade school), but even with the automatic settings and only a few minutes, I am already getting pictures far better than anything I got out of my point-and-shoot.

Okay, I'll stop there. Can you tell I'm excited?!!!! Lol!

When I opened the box, the kiddos were asleep so I had to make do with available subjects...
Peanut's precious little shoes:

And our dog ("Pup Pup," the kids call her), waiting for her dinner:

Then this morning I had babies to photograph! Smile

Little Man, kickin' back in his sister's room:

And Peanut, playing with Mama (this one's a little blurry, but not bad for low light, no flash, and auto mode!):

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: AW: Christmas in September (PIPs inside)

• You will love it.  I just got a new one this summer since I had the original digital cannon rebel dslr.  I actually refused to get a digital camera until they had a dslr under 1000.  It was so worth it then and god I love the new one even more.   Enjoy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG those pictures are amazing!  Very cute photos of the LOs!

• Loading the player...
  • I bought K a dslr last Christmas.  The bummer is that she took it with her to Afghanistan of course. I would much rather have had it here to capture DD with. 

Have fun!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Squeeeeeee!!!!!! I love it, how awesome! And what a great gift, I know you've been wanting one for a while now. Yes, totally photos now and not pictures, you're in the big leagues now, baby. Wink

And now the camera geek in me wants to know what lens(es?) you have. Big Smile

• great photos!!! YAY!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Well now my DW totally wishes she were married to your DW.  :D  She has been wanting one forever, and its on our list of "if we don't spend our life savings on sperm...we will buy this  stuff."  Your pictures look great!!!
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Awesome first pics! What a sweet wife you have!
  • Ohh, I'm jealous!!

And dang those kiddos are cuties! 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • great shots!! (see thats another big league term Wink )

awesome gift - enjoy it!! 

• Nice!!!

I love love love mine, too. Smile 

• GREAT SHOTS INDEED.... If you have any questions .. just hit us up .. we are cannon girls ... Have the 35mm rebel and just sold our SLR reble have a Cannon EOS XT and 7D...

Melanie knows more that I do as she is the one who got the degree and is the professional. She is the one who's been in art shows and such with her images. I am just a extream hobbiest it was a lil intimidating with  DW being  a photographer but I got over it.

AWESOME GIFT .... 

What software are you using ?  WOO hoo ... so exciting cant wait to see more of your work.  

CONGRATS see you in the Photography forum and we expect to see Thursday PIP from you!!!!!!

BTW, you captured some awesome images today !!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • That's awesome!!  Of course, it's impossible to take a bad picture of those cuties!
  • So much fun!  After much research, I just got a bridge camera and took my first camera class the other day.  So much to learn--such cute subjects to take pictures of!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"