Georgia Babies

Vent: I am becoming an idiot

DH was out of town Monday and while he was gone the vent on my breast pump broke. When he got home on Tuesday I rushed out to BRU to get a replacement. I arrived and realized I forgot my wallet. Drove home got it, drove back, bought a pack of replacements..all good. Well, today I boiled them for 20 minutes as directed and let all the water evaporate, burnt the pot and the valves and they are all cracked now.

It's not the end of the world. I will just go buy another $8 pack, and thankfully I have one working valve, but I have done so many things like this in the last few weeks. I am worse off now than when T was a newborn! I think I remember burning out and doing dumb things on a grand scale when C was around 6-7 months too. Ugh..get it together, self!

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
DS-6
c/p- April 2016
missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

Re: Vent: I am becoming an idiot

• Honestly, that's something I would do regularly lately and I'm neither pregnant nor have a baby. I'm sorry! :o/
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, I think it is a side effect of being busy more than anything else..know everyone else is busy too..just hate wasting time and money! Angry
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Katie don't feel bad!!! I had an crazy day yesterday too.  I got out of my training early which was a plus so I run my errands then pick up the kids.  When I get home I realized I didn't have my cell phone which is a very big deal since we don't have a home phone. Therefore I had to load the kids back up in a panic and backtrack my steps.  You know that is not easy with a 3 year old and an 7 month old since yours are the same ages.  Luckily I found my cell phone but I just kept thinking to myself that I'm so so busy running and ripping that I'm not paying close attention.  Sometimes I do things and don't remember or forget to do things.  We are going to make it, we just need a breather sometimes. 
  • imagemissmlp:
      Luckily I found my cell phone but I just kept thinking to myself that I'm so so busy running and ripping that I'm not paying close attention.  Sometimes I do things and don't remember or forget to do things.  We are going to make it, we just need a breather sometimes. 

Michelle,you said it better than me. This is exactly how I feel. Sorry you had a crazy day too. Here's hoping for a better day today :)

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• I'm right there with you.  I feel like I'm losing my mind almost daily.  It's become a bit of a family joke b/c I used to be the most organized/prepared/prompt person.  And now it's completely hit or miss.  I won't even promise to be somewhere at a set time anymore b/c I know it'll never happen!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"