October 2011 Moms

one scared momma

So, I will most definitely be having a c-section Monday due to a frank breech baby.  I have done everything I can to flip her, and she hasn't moved an inch (she's actually moved in more comfortably).  I can't help but be frightened at the idea of surgery.  I know it has been many, many times before, and it is a fairly simple procedure, but I am scared out of my mind at times.  I have never had so much as a broken bone or any type of procedure in my life, so this is a brand new experience for me.  I also hate the fact I won't get to really hold my baby for a while, since I will have to recover first.  I know it is for the safety of both of us having this procedure, but I still can't help but have some anxiety over it.  I'm also kind of sad to be leaving this forum before too long. 

imageimage
Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

Re: one scared momma

• Have you tried www.spinningbabies.com? I don't know much about it but have heard of some other women on thebump have some success after trying it.

As for leaving the board, why would you have to? Come back and post after having your LO. I think most of us plan on still posting on this board after we have our babies.

Either way, good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry you are going to end up with a c/s! I know how disappointed I will be if I end up needing one. BUT the most important (and exciting) thing is you will be having a baby on Monday! While definitely nerve-wracking, it's also awesome that you'll be holding your LO in a few days. 

Make sure your OB answers any and all questions you have about the procedure to make you feel more comfortable. You might also check out the C-Section board for advice and support.

Good luck with everything and please let us know how it goes. And don't leave the board! Like PP said, many of us are planning to continue posting after having our LOs...it will be nice to have a support network of moms who all have babies the same age.  

• Loading the player...
  • imageKrisM86:

I'm sorry you are going to end up with a c/s! I know how disappointed I will be if I end up needing one. BUT the most important (and exciting) thing is you will be having a baby on Monday! While definitely nerve-wracking, it's also awesome that you'll be holding your LO in a few days. 

Make sure your OB answers any and all questions you have about the procedure to make you feel more comfortable. You might also check out the C-Section board for advice and support.

Good luck with everything and please let us know how it goes. And don't leave the board! Like PP said, many of us are planning to continue posting after having our LOs...it will be nice to have a support network of moms who all have babies the same age.  

I will continue on the board afterward, but it just seems things are all coming to an end.  I have tried the spinningbabies.com site too, and I didn't have any luck with any techniques. 

I will check with the c-section board.  I just can't shake the worries away sometimes.  Pregancy has a way of making things that much more emotional.  I just try to remember I will have a baby in the end. try, anways...

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• i know it's scary and i never wanted a c/s either but i'm sure all will be ok.  Maybe ask the doc some more questions like what the soonest you'll be able to hold the baby etc.. Hang in there, you'll be meeting your LO soon!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • I totally get where you are coming from.  It's not fair that you are going straight to C section.

But I am glad for you that you live in a time and place where a safe C section is available to you, in a clean and sterile environment with the best possible care for you and your child.  That's no small thing, yo! 

I had an emergency C section.  I was freaked out as we headed to the OR, and was really disappointed.  Probably similiar feelings you are having now, except I didn't have a lot of time to dwell on those feelings as it was GO time.  Now, looking back from the other side, I am just SO grateful that my baby was born safely.  If that C section hadn't been available, I don't know what could have happened.  I had a gorgeous perfect healthy daughter who is the center of my world.  In the end, it doesn't matter how she came into this world - it's just awesome she's in it.

So, please don't think I am discounting your feelings, I'm not.  Your concerns are valid.  I would just like to encourage you to have your eyes on the prize.  I would bet if they told you what was best for your kid was to squeeze it out of your left nostril, you would do it, because you are a mommy who loves her LO.  Right?!?  Just stay focused on doing what is healthiest for her and know that you will both be ok.  Best wishes!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am sorry you are going through this. I think i would be scared too. I mentioned this on here before, but I think its worth mentioning again. I know a few woman in our local hospitals who have gotten to have immediate chest to chest contact after a c-section. My friend was actually wheeled out of the operating room with her baby in her arms. Her DH held the baby on her chest right after birth (since she couldn't move her arms). IF that is somethign that is really important to you, I urge you to ask your doctor. Just remember the mere fact that something is common practice doesn't mean that an OB won't be willing to let you hold that baby sooner rather than later.

Good luck! Here is hoping your baby flips

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"