Pregnant after 35
Options

Water broke :( 29 weeks

Well, I am officially on a countdown of sorts.  My water broke yesterday morning at a mere 29 weeks.  I will be in patient at Mayo Clinic now until I deliver, whenever that may be...hopefully not for a few weeks, but realistically probably within the week.   All the meetings with neonatologists, Drs, and others is overwhelming.  And here I thought it would be my blood pressure that would make me go early....ha!  I never dreamed my water would break this early.  Prayers for no infection and more growing time for this little bean...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Water broke :( 29 weeks

• Options
    Oh no. I'm so sorry. Hopefully they can keep your LO comfy and cozy in there for at least a few more weeks. Will be thinking good thoughts for you!
  • Options
    Hopefully baby will decide to stay in there for a little while longer. Fingers crossed all goes well for you and baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

omg, wow.  i'm 28 weeks and i could not imagine what you must be going thru.

i know it must feel crazy, but i'm sure you and the baby have great docs watching over you.  good luck ... will be think of you.

• Options
    Thoughts are with you... try to get some rest and lets hope little one takes his time...  Hoping all goes well for you and LO.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sending T&Ps your way. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Oh my gosh.  I can't imagine what you must be going through.  But you are at the Mayo clinic and you couldn't be in better hands. 

Just last weekend I was visiting with my MIL and a friend of hers.  He asked how far along I was so I read them the weekly email I get from that other baby site.  When I got to the part about baby's weight, he said that my baby already weighed more than his granddaughter did when she was born.  She was only 1lb 6 ounces at birth.  Now she is six years old and, according to both him and my MIL, is a bright, healthy little girl.  

I'm sending lots of happy thoughts your way that baby will stay in there for as long as he can.  

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no. You and your LO are in my prayers.  I hope all goes well for you both.  As PP said, you are at Mayo Clinic which is one of the best places to be.  Good luck!!!
  • Options

Stay put, Baby!  You aren't done growing yet....

All my best thoughts are with you.

Please keep us posted.

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Options

Oh no! I'm so sorry; I will definitely be keeping you & your LO in my prayers.

Just try and take it easy in the hospital, and keep your spirits up!

• Options
    T&P coming your way....please keep us posted....
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    How scary! I hope that bean stay put for as long as possible!! If he has to come early...I hope he/she is happy and healthy!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hang in there a little bit longer little one.  Am sending T and Ps that your baby stays put until at least 30 weeks.  I know how overwhelming all those meetings can be, but it sounds like you are in good hands.  HUGS and please keep us posted.
  • Options
    A good friend of my sister's in Boston just delivered her baby at 30 wks, for the same reason.  Just letting you know he was 5 lb 1 oz already, is breathing on his own, and they expect he'll only be in the NICU for 2 wks while he learns to master breathing, swallowing, etc.  The Docs have given her every indication that he will be 100% OK with no long-term effects from his preemie status.  They have SUCH amazing technology now, and you and your baby are in THE VERY BEST hands at the Mayo!  Take heart - I thought you might appreciate hearing the success story.  Hang in there, Mama!  Thought and prayers for bean to stay put for just a little longer!!  :)  
  • Options
    My friend's water broke at 28 weeks. She went on hospital bedrest at Duke. Kept that baby inside cooking for an entire 3 weeks! He is doing great. He is right on track for his adjusted age. T & P to you!
    Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
  • Options
    OH, I'm sorry that happened to you. Sending lots of T&P to you and your LO, hopefully he is nice and comfy. You are at a great place to be taken care of.
  • Options
    Oh my!  Cannot imagine what you are going through.  Hoping they can keep your LO inside just a wee bit longer.  Best of luck and prayers and thoughts and anything else i can think of are on the way to you.  Please update us when you can.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

I will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!!!  Hope this little one stays put for a while.  Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Good luck!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sending t&p's your way.  hoping your little one stays in there for awhile.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this,  sending lots of T&P your way

Me: 38  DH:36
    lap for endo 12/2010  uterus didelphys confirmed in hysteroscopy 
    dd born at 34 weeks 2/29/12  short NICU stay
    BFP somewhere around 2/14/13  d&c april @ 12 wks   partial molar diagnosed after d&c
    HCG monitoring for approx 11 months
    TTC  #2 

• Options

I went through something similar.  I had a tear @ 33w, 3d, but I was able to keep my little bug cooking for an add'l 7 days.  PP was right when about the technology & meds available these days is nothing short of amazing!  DD came out w/ low birthweight @ 34 + wks @ 3.2 lbs, but needed no other aid.  She breathed on her own and never needed assistance and took to the bottle immed.  She stay in NICO as a feeder/grower. She did amazing and came home.  I know first hand how stressful it can be!  I'm sending lots of T&P  & hugs your way! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"