North Carolina Babies

FFF

You know the drill!
Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFF

• I'm tired of other kids breaking our sand toys when we are at the playground. I know it happens, but lately it seems like almost every time we go out, something gets broken, and I'm sick of buying new buckets & shovels.

In a related vent, we were at the airport on Tues and were the only ones who had brought toys. 4 or 5 other kids came and were all playing with our stuff (which is fine, he knows if he brings stuff, he shares) but it's hard with that many kids all wanting to share Liam's stuff.  It's different when everyone's sharing a bunch of people's toys. And this one mom kept telling other people the toys were just there for anyone to play with (until I corrected her that they were ours).  Then when her son stomped on Liam's bucket and broke it, she didn't even apologize, even when she watched us carry it to the trash can and throw it away (the whole bottom fell out). Rude!

ETA: as we were getting ready to leave, this one kid was literally trying to take one of our buckets out of my hands saying he wants to play with it.  Hello, where are your parents and why haven't they taught you any manners? 

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is very rude, if your kid breaks something you should at the very least be apologetic.  :(

I am not sure I've got anything yet.

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was surprised that I didn't get more responses on the cursing thread. I refuse to believe that all the other kids here are little angels in the language department. Stick out tongue

• I bet those are the same people who, before they had kids, would go to the dog park and when their dog is bullying all the other dogs, they just shrug.

DH was walking his old dog around the neighborhood (this was before we met), and this lady was walking her German Shepard and the dog started going crazy. All she could say was, it's not my fault if my dog messes up your dog. First of all, DH was walking a pit bull. Really lady, you seriously think your German Shepard can go against a pit? Second, who in the world says that?

I have a very low tolerance for stupid people. Like super low. I worked in the housing office at my university for 4 yrs, I dealt with a lot of idiots and came out more cynical because of it.

• imageECUGirl2004:

I was surprised that I didn't get more responses on the cursing thread. I refuse to believe that all the other kids here are little angels in the language department. Stick out tongue

Sorry, ECU. I didn't have a chance to respond. We think we heard our 15-month old say "damn it" the other day! Surprise

I'm tired of people oversharing. Maybe people just think I'm a good listener, but I've recently learned from a co-worker that she hasn't had sex with her husband in over a year, hence her recent separation. She immediately starting sleeping with some random guy she's been chatting up at Starbucks. BUT, at least the sex is the best she's ever had.  Confused

BTW, I barely know this woman. I don't know why she is telling me this stuff!

Finally, I am over people begging for money at intersections. I pass numerous people doing this a day, and although I'm sure there are extenuating circumstances that I don't understand, if they spent nearly as much time searching for a job as they do begging for money, they wouldn't be homeless right now. And, yes, I realize I'm going to hell for saying that!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Another oversharing thing: One of my CWs is heading to Hawaii tomorrow and yesterday told me that she was going to get a bikini wax after work. I did NOT need that visual.
  • imageuncjules:
    I've recently learned from a co-worker that she hasn't had sex with her husband in over a year, hence her recent separation. She immediately starting sleeping with some random guy she's been chatting up at Starbucks. BUT, at least the sex is the best she's ever had.  Confused

OMG, I'm sorry you had to hear all that, but it totally made me LOL. I tend to fall into the "oversharing" realm, though I just consider myself an open book, but I know better than to talk about my sex life to my coworkers. :P

A girl I went to HS with is constantly on Facebook, posting about her lack of sex life. When she was still married, she would post things about how her husband wouldn't have sex with her, etc. Now they're divorced, so her posts have switched to how she longs for a man's touch, etc. Ick!

• Wow.... just, wow.

Another random thing that just found me. Some reason people at work cannot get the idea in their head of the courtesy flush. Two times this week I've walked in the stall and wanted to hurl (one being about 5 minutes ago).

• imageKataMarie:

Wow.... just, wow.

Another random thing that just found me. Some reason people at work cannot get the idea in their head of the courtesy flush. Two times this week I've walked in the stall and wanted to hurl (one being about 5 minutes ago).

I had the same complaint this week. I'm tempted to put up a sign, but I know I won't go through with it.

ECU - WOW. "Longing for a man's touch" is definitely oversharing. Why anyone would put that on Facebook, I don't know!

• I'm sick of people using Facebook as a fundraising tool. A couple I work with is raising money for Juvenile Diabetes Research. They are traveling to Death Valley and doing a bike ride and need $4000 in donations to participate. They post 3 or 4 times each day saying "we really need more help." I'm sorry but pestering your friends is not going to meet your goals. Get off your butt, get out into the community and do something. Besides - I'm sure most of the "donations" go towards the ride costs, airline tickets and hotel stays. Ugh. 
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • imagecrescentmoon99:

Then when her son stomped on Liam's bucket and broke it, she didn't even apologize, even when she watched us carry it to the trash can and throw it away (the whole bottom fell out). Rude!

I think I would have said something. That is so rude! (But I can't keep my mouth shut sometimes....)  

• My Gummi Bear says "sit"...but often does NOT sound like that. I'm actually glad we don't do daycare where I'd have to drop her off or else she'd have picked up MUCH worse by now.

I greatly dislike the fact that my dear, darling husband had a week of me and the Gummi Bear being gone (I went for work, took her with me and my mom played granny nanny all so he didn't have to take a week off work) and other than basic cleaning nothing got done around the house. Yet, every time I suggest we get some work done outside while it is light/cool/not raining I get "well, we can't both be out there and I need to get X done inside" so the yard needs to be weeded, plants need to be moved. Not to mention some things like the carpet needs to be pulled up in the closet (linoleum underneath), things need to be put away, he needs to figure out his office so our daughter stops playing with his pens on the floor... *sigh*

Oh, and then I come home and go cover a friend's job for four nights and the house has litteraly gone to the cats. Dishes aren't done (I'm not eating at home), place isn't picked up, things in piles all over the house, vacuum not run....all things he can usually do with a toddler running around but he doesn't bother to do. Because I'm not around at night to help him plan an attack for the next 24 hours. So I lose this weekend doing a ninja cleaning blast of the house and trying to get yardwork done with an allergic toddler instead of getting some other stuff done that I want off my plate.

Boys suck.

Rae Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRasz39:

I come home and go cover a friend's job for four nights and the house has litteraly gone to the cats. Dishes aren't done (I'm not eating at home), place isn't picked up, things in piles all over the house, vacuum not run....all things he can usually do with a toddler running around but he doesn't bother to do. 

Boys suck.

THIS! I work on Sundays, so DH has Caleb all day. I don't expect a lot out of him - just pick up after yourself. I hate hate coming home to dishes all over the place and just general crap everywhere. I then have to clean it all up, and cook dinner after I've worked all day. I find it so frustrating.  

• I dislike people that call fruit snacks "gummies." It sounds wrong. 
  • imagebecki777:
    imageRasz39:

I come home and go cover a friend's job for four nights and the house has litteraly gone to the cats. Dishes aren't done (I'm not eating at home), place isn't picked up, things in piles all over the house, vacuum not run....all things he can usually do with a toddler running around but he doesn't bother to do. 

Boys suck.

THIS! I work on Sundays, so DH has Caleb all day. I don't expect a lot out of him - just pick up after yourself. I hate hate coming home to dishes all over the place and just general crap everywhere. I then have to clean it all up, and cook dinner after I've worked all day. I find it so frustrating.  

Ditto!! We had some of our neighbors over for dinner last night...DH was gone working all day, so I had both babies all day (which is fine...I'm finally getting ok with both and just me) but he got in right after I'd finished fixing dinner for everyone, feeding both kids, etc. We eat, talk and then when they left, I needed to feed Cole and get him ready for bed and take a shower, etc. I guess I kind of assumed DH would pitch in and clean up the kitchen since he'd been gone all day. Nope, sat down and started watching tv. So I made a snide remark about needing him to get the baby ready for bed, so I could get the house cleaned up and he finally went and cleaned up. I shouldn't have to ask!!!!!!!! Silly boys!!

• Speaking of fruit snacks, I hate when people try to sell fruit snacks as healthy alternative to fruit for my child (who happens to LOVE fruit - why would he need an alternative??). Did you miss every nutritional lesson in life???

• imageBackthePack:

Speaking of fruit snacks, I hate when people try to sell fruit snacks as healthy alternative to fruit for my child (who happens to LOVE fruit - why would he need an alternative??). Did you miss every nutritional lesson in life???

hahaha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"