Austin Babies
Options

When and how to transition to whole milk?

A is supposed to move up to the older room at daycare at about 12 months. ?In order to transition she has to be done with formula and bottles. ?Her daycare teacher has been asking me when we are going to start introducing whole milk.? ?I guess I just assumed we would start at a year but now I am feeling the pressure of a deadline at daycare. ?I don?t care if she doesn?t transition at exactly at 12 months but I don?t want her to be super behind because she is one of the oldest in her current room and I want her to be with her friends who are moving up now. ? ? So my questions are, when did you start the transition to whole milk and how did you do it? ?Did you transition to sippys at the same time??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When and how to transition to whole milk?

• Options
    we didn't start until a year. maybe a few days before at most. the transistion was pretty slow and daycare helped a lot. i'm a little surprised that is sounds like your daycare is expecting you to do it all. we just started offering milk in a sippy and stopped offering bottles. at first she didn't drink much but she eventually got the hang of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

First, I'm sorry that your daycare is putting such pressure on you to ditch the bottles and formula.  I wouldn't like that at all. 

We started the transition to whole milk between 12-13 months.  DD was bottle and formula free by 13 months.  We only gave her formula in her bottles because we didn't want to transition to milk in a bottle and then have to ditch the bottle.  We figured it would be easier to ditch the formula and the bottle at the same time. We introduced a sippy cup at around 7 months (with water) and then when we decided it was time to get rid of the bottle, we just started to put milk in her sippy cups instead of just water.  Eventually, we just had to go cold turkey with the bottle.  Luckily, DD only had a rough 1-2 days and then never looked back.  I'm pretty sure that's how it went, things get a little hazy after a while.  :)  Good luck!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"