High-Risk Pregnancy

Daily Bedrest Check-in 9/30/2011 (Fri.)

Happy Friday! Ladies we made it and the next time we come together it will be OCTOBER!

amye- Enjoy your mom! Ksych-Have a blast at your shower! SouthernY-Congrats on getting your walking papers! sjbear-Hugs to you. presh-Hope you're feeling better. stardust- About visitors, we're thinking about waiting to call too. jessinfini-Welcome and hi-five my fellow taurus, so sorry you have so much to take on right now. TheMrs.-GL and Congrats!

1. Do any of you plan on becoming a stay at home mom after the LO(s) arrive?

2. Have you discussed or planned a getaway for you and your special someone after LO(s) arrival and things have calmed down?

3. If you could go back to being a child for one day would you?

**Weekend Inspiration** A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.

Enjoy Your Weekend

Re: Daily Bedrest Check-in 9/30/2011 (Fri.)

• 1.  Yes I am planning on it.  We just can't afford daycare for 3 LOs

2.  We have not.  We plan on just enjoying our time as a new family.

3.  I don't think so.  I had a little bit of a rough childhood and I would rather not.

Updates - tomorrow is my birthday and I'm excited to have family and friends come up to the hospital to celebrate with me.  The 3rd trimester sure has a lot of gross things associated with it - discharge, mucus plug, yuck!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  astarmc - keep up the great questions!

Adalynn, Brynn and Elena born October 13th, 2011! They were our triplet surprise and everyday is a blessing. Brynn Victoria was born 3lbs 7oz 16", Adalynn Louise born 3lbs 6oz 16 3/4" and Elena Marie born 3lbs 10oz.
  •  

1. Do any of you plan on becoming a stay at home mom after the LO(s) arrive?

I wish! I am going to go back to work part-time (although after all of bedrest and maternity leave is over I will have been off between 5-6 months!!) But I work nights as a RN, so I will just be working two nights per week. Hopefully that will mean little to no need for childcare!

2. Have you discussed or planned a getaway for you and your special someone after LO(s) arrival and things have calmed down?

We haven't talked about it. I will be all of out paid leave and money so probably not Sad

Sure! If I could be 4, before school started and the worst of my trouble was what we were going to have for lunch that day. Lol!

Married 8.4.07
    BFP #1 4.15.11 Twin girls born 11/17/11
    BFP #2 10/16/13 m/c at 9w
    BFP #3 4/7/14 EDD 12/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • imageTLS091606:

1.  Yes I am planning on it.  We just can't afford daycare for 3 LOs

2.  We have not.  We plan on just enjoying our time as a new family.

3.  I don't think so.  I had a little bit of a rough childhood and I would rather not.

Updates - tomorrow is my birthday and I'm excited to have family and friends come up to the hospital to celebrate with me.  The 3rd trimester sure has a lot of gross things associated with it - discharge, mucus plug, yuck!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  astarmc - keep up the great questions!

Will do! And You have a Very Very Happy Birthday!!Cake

• 1. Do any of you plan on becoming a stay at home mom after the LO(s) arrive?  I would love to and DH and I are actually trying to formulate a plan on how we can do that.  He's about to get laid off so it's going to depend on his next job.  Hopefully he gets a hit with one of the companies he applied with because he'll get paid well, allowing me to stay home and at least take courses online to be a med transcriptionist.2. Have you discussed or planned a getaway for you and your special someone after LO(s) arrival and things have calmed down?  We plan on taking a family weekend to the beach early spring of next year but I won't be ready for anyone to take LO for a weekend or anything for awhile.  DH doesn't really trust my dad, MIL is hard of hearing and I'm afraid she may not be the best overnight babysitter and my brother and his girlfriend wouldn't be prepared enough to take on that challenge just yet, I don't think.  Maybe when he's a bit older.3. If you could go back to being a child for one day would you?  No.  I didn't have the best childhood and I love being an adult.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  I'll be going back to work.  I'll be taking a year off though, but after that it will be back to work full time.  Wish I could do part time or not at all, but realistically I think we will need 2 incomes. 

2.  Nothing planned.  Since I won't be working for a year, money will be tighter.  Might do some family trips though.  My H's family sometimes rents houses on the beach in North Carolina and if they do we will join in, but it will be a family trip and LO will come along. 

3.  Absolutely, for one day only though - lol!  How neat would that be.  Even though I had a great childhood, it would probably make me more appreciative of adulthood.  I bet I'd have trouble coping with the lack of control over everything like bedtime, snacks, etc.  Would be super insightful to go back just for one day!

Update:  Today I hit 24 weeks!  I'm very excited about that - feels like a milestone!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• 1) I wish I could but we need two incomes coming in so back to work I go. 2)Not a get away but def a date night. Planning to go to cali in may his family lives out there. 3)Heck yes I would fun times no care in the world. Updates/Vents: None today we made it another week. Good weekend ladies
  • 1. Do any of you plan on becoming a stay at home mom after the LO(s) arrive?

Yes! I will be at home for a year before I go back to work.

I wouldn't really call it a getaway, but our first wedding anniversary will be December 18th and my mom has offered to keep LO overnight for us.

I definitely would for one day, but nothing more. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. No I don't plan on being a SAHM, but I'll be working wed.-sat. part-time on sat. My hat goes off to all of the SAHMs out there cause its a tough job.

2. We have discussed taking a cruise somewhere, but if not a cruise some type of getaway sometime next year. Wish we could do something now, wishful thinking.(HA!)

3. If I could go back for a day I think i would just to fell that sense of freedom and the need of not worrying about adult things. And saying whatever I want to say since kids can get away with it. Aww the memories.

So Happy October is here! 

• 1. Do any of you plan on becoming a stay at home mom after the LO(s) arrive?

Not by choice. However, since I'm going on FMLA so soon and only 26 weeks. I'm not sure if I'll have a job to come back to once I'm able...so who knows.

Nah. The first night we had away after our son was born was last year when he was over 2 and a half.  I'm assuming it will be even harder with 2 kids!

Absolutely! I loved being a kid!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• 1. I thought maybe I would when I started to get prepped for baby girl. Since I've been on bed rest, I've realized that I really don't want to stay home. In addition, i make about twice as much as DH.
    2. we've been talking about going to Alaska since we got married. Maybe next summer...but I'm afraid I. Ight not be able to leave LO.
    3. I don't know. It's a tough choice. I wouldn't go back to middle school or high school, but I'm not sure about childhood.
    Update/vents: I had my ob check up today and my BP was 162/110 in the office, so I'm in L& D right now. Baby girl and I are being monitored, and they talked about delivering her today if they needed too. They're trying to hold off until Monday though.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • 1) I already am a SAHM, and hope to continue to be. I prefer to be at home with my kids at least until they turn 3, preferably until they start school. Finances are rough now, and probably will be even more so then, but I think it is worth it.( Although I do go stir crazy from time to time)

2) My husband and I would love to go on a trip, but it will probably have to wait until after our LO is done nursing. We are hoping for a trip to New Orleans :)

3) I would love to be a kid again, even just for a day. My childhood wasn't the best, per se, but we definitely did a lot of fun roaming and adventuring back then, and I could use some of that right now!

Update/vents; No updates really. Very anxious about baby. Had a dream that it was a girl, though :)

* Proud Mommy to Devon (11), Henry, (6) and Step-mommy to Seth (5) with a lucky little one due on March 17th! * BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1.  I already am.  :)  

2.  Nope.  We don't leave the kiddos until they're at least a year, and weaned since I BF.  

3.  I would go back to being a child.  :)  But not a teenager! lol

Update- I went to L&D again today because my BP has gone up again.  Home now on continued BR.  I will be so relieved when she's here.  I'm also having a lot more contractions, nothing labor inducing though.  I would prefer if she'd wait at least another 2 weeks!  But my labs came back with 1 elevated.  My OB said to be on the look out because I might start feeling sicker (headaches and nausea).  If this keeps up, I sure won't be going to my EDD. 

My name is Julie. I'm a SAHM mom of 2 and married for 7 yrs! Missing my Angel Babies- 7/29/08, 10/11/10 both at 9 weeks. Another baby girl due in October 2011! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"