Pregnant after IF
Options

Do you think 0-3 month will fit a NB?

I ordered a onesie from etsy for Mabrey's going home outfit.  It's adorable, but looks so big to me.  It's a 0-3 month.  I have a different NB onesie and it's so much bigger than that.  Just wondering if it will fit her to come home from the hospital.

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

Re: Do you think 0-3 month will fit a NB?

• Options
    It depends on her size. Brady was 7lbs3oz, 21inches and he wore newborn clothes for 4-5 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Anna was 7lbs exactly, and 0-3 was huge on her for a while. I think 0-3 is more like a 3 month size than a newborn size... I would have another NB size outfit on hand just in case!
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I plan on bringing an outfit in each size since I'm not sure how big she'll be. I'd imagine that the nb size will just fit better unless your baby is bigger than 8lbs.
  • Options
    Just in looking at them it seems the 0-3 sizes are really more like 3 mo sizes...unless the baby is pretty big, over 8 lbs at least. You figure if they're less than that, and take a week or two even to get back to their birth weight, they could be in NB sizes fir several weeks.

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
    2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
    IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
    IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
    IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
    Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

• Options
    my LO is measuring to be around 8lbs +/- at birth so I have 2 outfits both in 0-3 months packed. I only have like 3 NB outfits. Maybe I should bring one just in case too.
    IUI#1 - 05/20/08 = BFP! M/C - 14 weeks :( baby girl
    IUI#2 - 01/07/09 = BFP!!! Twins!! Pre-term labor 20 weeks :( lost twin girls
    IUI#3 - 1/31/10 = BFP!!!! M/C - 8wks :( again
    IVF #1 - 7/2010 = c/p
    FET - 9/2010 = another c/p
    IUI#4 - 2/14/11 = BFP!
  • Options

I doubt it will fit. My cousin's little boy is ~10 lbs now and is still in NB. I guess it depends on the brand tho...

I took outfits in NB and 0-3 for the girls. They went home in the NBs.  

Crohn's resulting in colectomy with J-Pouch surgery in 2000/2001.
    TTC since August 2008
    IVF#1: BFFN; IVF#2: BFN; FET with new RE: BFN
    IVF#3: ER 1/15; ET 1/20; Beta#1 1/29: 339!
    Twins girls born via c/s at 37w/3d!!
    "Let it go, this too shall pass."
  • Options
    My son is 10lbs 14oz and about to be 10 weeks old and he is just transitioning from newborns to 0-3. He is skinny and the 0-3s are HUGE on him still but the newborns are too short but fit "around".
  • Options
    My son wore newborn for 10+ weeks. He is almost 4 months and can still fit into some newborn stuff, granted he weighed 5 lbs at birth. 0-3 month is pretty big.
    Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were told Ellie would be around 8.5 pounds at birth...so we only had 0-3 clothes for her...figuring NB would be way too small. She ended up being 6.5 pounds...and is just now transitioning into 0-3 (at a little over 6 weeks old). NB is too short for her now, and 0-3 is still too big...but I'd rather it be a little big than way too short now! I'd recommend having some NB stuff at the hospital..more than likely you will need NB for at least a little bit!
    SAIFW
  • Options
    Max was 8lbs 11oz and he wore NB for a couple weeks, 0-3 was huge on him for like 5 min...LOL!  I brought two outfits to the hospital thinking that because he was projected to be big he would not fit in NB and would wear 0-3, but I was so so wrong.  He grew fast and now wears 6 mos clothes at 11 weeks.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
  • Options
    I am planning to bring a 0-3 outfit and a NB outfit with me.  My family tends to have pretty hefty babies, so I'm not buying any NB clothes except for one going home outfit, just in case.  Plus, once you wash the 0-3 month stuff, it'll probably shrink :)
    TTC since 11/2009
    11/2010 DH SA good...01/2011 HSG is clear...01/2011 Consult with RE
    suprise BFP but m/c on 2/7/11
    03/2011 50 mg clomid=BFN
    04/2011 clomid+bromocriptine+IUI=BFP at 11dpiui
    Beta #1(11dpiui)=33, Beta #2 (13dpiui)=96, Beta #3 (20dpiui)=1910, Beta #4 (26dpiui)=20,134
  • Options

::Lurking::

My DD (born 6lbs9oz) worn NB clothes until she was 7 weeks old and at 4 months is still wearing most of her 0-3 months clothes.

It totally depends on the baby though.

• Options
    my daughter was 7lbs 6oz at birth and she wore NB size for at least a month. I actually had to go out and buy more NB sized clothes b/c I only had like 2 outfits. Those early weeks she lived in kimono tops (good for when you're still waiting for the umbilical cord to fall off) and pants with footies on them.
    After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"