Parenting

Finally some breathing room

I've been trying really hard to lower my utility bills, as between gas/electric/water it's been costing me almost half of what I pay in actual rent. Finally this month, for the first time in probably 10 years, my gas/electric bill is down into the double digits! I of course don't expect to keep that up through the winter (my bill last winter averaged $350/mth) but I'm hoping that with the little changes I am making now and with some energy savings things that I plan on doing in the next 6 weeks or so (like putting that damn plastic on the windows) that I can at least keep the bill reasonable over the winter. Fingers crossed for an unseasonably warm winter LOL
Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45

Re: Finally some breathing room

• That's such a relief, isn't it? Great!
    C ~ Spring 2006 Baby! Photobucket
  • The plastic does make a difference. We lived in a 1903 house when I was growing up and we used it every winter. Insulating curtains help, too, and those can be blankets hung on the curtain rods. I wouldn't suggest that for public areas, but if you have drafty bedroom windows it does help.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Good news!  Be sure to check the weather stripping around your doors.  That will save some $$. 
  • I am kind of excited to get my next set of bills, we haven't had to use the ac for atleast a month because the weather has been amazing, not too hot or cold.

• What are some of the changes you have made?  I would love to cut my electric bill down.  Winter is always horrible for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekaren6784:
    Good news!  Be sure to check the weather stripping around your doors.  That will save some $$. 

This is a great reminder for me, we have two doors that you can just feel the draft coming out of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"