Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Dumb OPK question

Okay so today I got my first positive OPK at CD 13....so now I think that means I'll O in 12-36 hours, right? Should I retest later this afternoon or am I good with this one positive? What will it mean if I retest and this afternoon it is negative?Sorry in advance! I'm new to this and it is my first month charting from CD 1...thanks in advance for any advice!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Dumb OPK question

• Options

I would retest this afternoon, and tomorrow morning just to be safe.

You could get positives for up to 24 hours...

If you get a negative this afternoon, it would just mean that you caught your surge towards the end.

Also Peeonastick.com has some really great information and pics.

BFP 1: Sept 5, 2011 - Ended in Chemical Pregnancy at 5 Weeks
    BFP 2: Dec 2012 - Baby Girl born in July 2012
    BFP 3: Sept 5, 2013 - D&C on Oct 16, 2013
    BFP 4: Jan 30, 2014 - Stick baby Stick ... Due Date Oct 1, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

You can retest (I always do, to help with charting), but one positive is okay, too.   Time to get BDing, mama!!!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with PP. I test for a few days after my first positive OPK. I usually get positives for 2 days.

Unrelated, but your dogs make me smile! Smile  I helped do the initial start-up for 2 animal rescue organizations and one of them was a Great Dane rescue.  I love me some puppies. Smile

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Options
    I re-test after the positive just to see how long the surge lasts because I was curious.  I did read (I think on peeonastick) that there is no real reason to keep testing once you get that first positive.  Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
  • Options
    You only need to test once.  Once you get a positive, then you know that you *may* ovulate within 12-36 hours.  However, I would keep testing until you get a sense of how long your surges are... that way you will be better able to pinpoint the day you expect to O, butit takes a few cycles of charting to get a sense of stuff like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"