September 2011 Moms
Options

induction scheduled!! getting really scared!

So I am 40 weeks today.. my dr. office called after my appt. and said my induction is scheduled for tuesday at 4:30 pm... It is very very exciting to know that i will have my baby very very soon.. but as I sit here I am getting really really scared... its just scary to think of the pain that I read and hear about! When you have an accident your not anticipating the pain... but this is totally different and its like I'm just sitting here stewing over the pain... 

ugh I know.. very stupid...I just needed to get that out... and if you have any encouraging words..I would LOVE to hear them!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: induction scheduled!! getting really scared!

• Options

How exciting!!

At least you have a good prize at the end! As for the pain, try to remember that it is just 1 day and it will eventually be over.

I say this as someone who has not gone into labor yet! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know it's hard, but try not to worry about it.  Every woman's experience is so different.  I was in quite a bit of pain, but I had bad back labor because LO was turned funny.  My contractions just felt like bad period cramps, so that part wasn't bad.  Once I got the epi, I felt so much better.  If I hadn't had the back labor, it wouldn't have been bad at all.  Your experience will likely be so different than mine. 

Best of luck to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was overdue and induced as well. Despite my first epidural (it got redone after about 10 hours) not working which resulted in 16 hours of quite interesting labor, I would do it all over again. Since I am a first time mom I don't know if my contractions were any worse than natural labor, but I just want to let you know that it is labor of love. I promise and guarantee you, as soon as you see your baby you will have forgotten everything! Just breathe through your contractions as much as you can and look forward to the most wonderful time of your life coming so close. Good lucK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"