Babies on the Brain

Driving anxiety ladies, can I join you?

So I wrecked the car last winter going around a curve. Our tires apparently sucked, and I slid into an oncoming car. Jack was 5 months old and in the back seat.  I didn't think it really bothered me, but lately, I've been way anxious about driving. Particularly in the rain.

If it's raining too hard to be able to see very well, or if there's any standing water that I might hydroplane on, I white-knuckle it the whole way to my destination.  

I work 30 minutes away (about 15-ish miles), and it's been raining A LOT here lately.  I don't think I blinked or took a deep breath the entire way home today.

There's no real point to my posting this, I just needed to get it out.  

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
"Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy

Re: Driving anxiety ladies, can I join you?

• Driving anxiety sucks.  I am so sorry you are dealing with it.  

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• I have major driving anxiety...to the point that I took out more life insurance when I got a job that required a commute..ugh

• Loading the player...
  • It's been a year now since my accident and I'm back to being terrified of driving in the morning because it's dark. I too white knuckle drive when there is lots of rain and standing water.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I have it too, night time mostly because of deer and winter.  I hit one a few years ago (minor damage).  I had a car accident almost 4 years ago in which I tried to switch lanes on an overpass to avoid a accident already there and then did a 360 hitting another car.  I had a deer run into my car on my way to work just before Christmas last year and it did quite a bit of damage. Deer=Stupid.  I'm a white knuckle 25mph winter driver who gets passed too.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ::Hug:: I really hate driving too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"