Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Change pad seat belts

Does anyone really use these?  I have them tucked underneath right now and was wondering if I'd regret cutting them off altogether.  

It's contoured, not flat (like this) so i don't see how he'd be able to roll UPWARDS and off of it, and I wont leave him there by himself.  So I thought I'd ask 9-12 since you would probably know better.  Do you use the seat belts?

Re: Change pad seat belts

• Options
    I don't use them. But I always keep one hand on DD at all times. Even with one hand holding her down she has been able to roll up the contoured sides.
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I used to have them tucked underneath until a few weeks ago when they started trying to get away from me or "helping" when I change their diaper or clothes. Now they get to chew and play with the straps to keep them occupied, works like a charm! lol

DH belted them on the pad one time and it made it impossible to lift their little butts up to even put a diaper on...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pawstech09, I just wanted to say that your sig pic is super cute!!
  • Options
    I only use them as a distraction for DS, he likes to chew on it.
  • Options
    nope, we don't use it

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Heck, I guess I'm the odd girl out.  YES!!!  When LO was about 6 months, DD went through a few weeks where we couldn't keep her still on the changing table to save our lives.  It was a pain in the rear to change with it around her, but it helped her to learn that squiggling around and trying to jump off the changing table is not acceptable behavior.  I still have to use it every once in a while, when she gets rambunctious.  It's better to tuck them under just in case than it is to cut them off and then regret it.  And everyone else is right that even when I don't strap her in, they're a wonderful distraction!
  • Options
    I cut them off. I just pin him down and always have a hand on him. 
  • Options
    I don't even use a pad.  I have towels I use on top of DD's dresser and make sure I keep one hand on her.  If I give her a toy she keeps herself entertained.
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Options
    I just recently started using them with DS. He used to be so calm when I would change his diaper now he's a freakin maniac... He twists and turns and drives me insane... It's the only thing I can use to keep him entertained... He usually just plays with the strap and whatever else I give him to keep him occupied... Sometimes it doesn't work though!
  • Options
    I did cut them off and now I regret it.  Over the last 2 months my LO has become a wild man on the change table and I wish I had them.  When I change him in a public restroom and they have the straps it makes life so much easier.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't use them. My changing pad is on the middle of our extra bedroom bed though, so if she rolls, it is only onto the bed and not the floor. I decided against buying a diaper changing piece of furniture since i didn't see it's long term use. I wouldn't cut off the belts though if you are planning to resell it at any time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, I cut them off before I used it for the first time.  How on earth can you change them and move them to get diapers on/off and wipe them clean if they're strapped down.  DD gets squirmy but I give her something to play with or just pin her down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, I cut them off before I used it for the first time.  How on earth can you change them and move them to get diapers on/off and wipe them clean if they're strapped down?  DD gets squirmy but I give her something to play with or just pin her down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"