TTC after 35
Options

A little better idea of the IVF timeline but feeling a bit ignorant of some stuff I should have know

I went in this morning for additional b/w and will most likely be starting the estradiol tonight, but will know for sure this afternoon.

I met with the nurse to discuss the tentative schedule for the cycle while I was there.  Since i have a shorter cycle I will probably start my next cycle on the 10/3 or 10/4, then I would stim for 7-10 days, bringing ER to about 10/12.  My RE only does 5 day transfers (maximum of 2 blastocysts), so that would be about 10/17ish and then Beta 2 weeks later.  I'm so glad to finally have an idea of what October looks like!

The doctor is planning to do ICSI because DHs motility was very low the last 2 IUIs (I didn't realize that, I just knew the count was lower). When we first started his SA was very good, but seemed to drop off. 

I am just making some last minute phone calls to confirm with the insurance company the ICSI is covered as well as assisted hatching if necessary so I don't get any last minute surprises. We authorized them to do those procedures if necessary and it's part of our protocol so  I think they would have made us pay up front they weren't covered, but of course I need to check.

I am feeling a little strange right now about not realizing that DH had poor motility.  When I went in for the IUIs, the doctor always told me the count, but never the motility and never said "this is something to be concerned about", and I did get pregnant the one time.  I realize that I have far less awareness of my numbers and a lot of other things about this process than so many of the women on this board which is my own fault.  I have just felt like "well, I'm going to an RE so I must be in good hands".  I have been complacent about it, although truthfully my RE did recomment IVF after our first cycle, but we just weren't ready to go there yet.

Early on in this process I went to B&N and browsed through a copy of Take Charge of Your Fertility and I found it extremely overwhelming so I bought a different book that I read several months ago and clearly need to reread so I know what the hell is going on. 

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

Re: A little better idea of the IVF timeline but feeling a bit ignorant of some stuff I should have know

• Options

Don't feel bad about not knowing the details. I'm Type A personality, and felt like I should know as much as possible because that's just how I am. Even then, there were still some things that I just let slide. Like my AFC - my RE would always just say low, so I figured, what the hell does knowing the exact number give me but one more thing to obsess about. Furthermore, I reached a point during last cycle where I felt like I had to just surrender to my RE and go with it - all my newfound knowledge didn't help in that arena.

There are different ways of getting through the process, and you'll do what works best for you. I wish you a lot of luck, and hope it's a success.

TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Options

Thanks mtlaurel, I appreciate it. I am Type A about a lot of things, but that seems to have lessened with this process and a few other things in the last couple of years, so maybe  not so much anymore :) 

I'm feeling a little better about it now and just heard from the REs office that I can start my estradiol tonight so I'm excited! 

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it is just a personality type of thing. Don't beat yourself up about it. I knew nothing a year ago and just picked it up as things progressed in my treatment.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

imageMrs.McIrish:
    I think it is just a personality type of thing. Don't beat yourself up about it. I knew nothing a year ago and just picked it up as things progressed in my treatment.

I do have a tendency to beat myself up about a lot of things, so this is par for the course :) Need to stop doing this! I have learned a lot along the way so I should give myself some credit for that.  I hope you are doing well.

• Options
    imageirishgirl0525:

imageMrs.McIrish:

I do have a tendency to beat myself up about a lot of things, so this is par for the course :) Need to stop doing this! I have learned a lot along the way so I should give myself some credit for that.  I hope you are doing well.

Glad you can start estradiol tonight!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    Good luck.........will probably be joining you with stims by Monday or Tuesday at the latestSmile  I am waiting for FP (AF, not sure which girls were here when we changed abrev. to FP (for f...ing period)).  Anyways, I will post details of when we will be starting when I know.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    Just wanted to wish you luck in the coming month.
    TTC #1 since 2/10 Me 38 FSH 12.9 & AMH 0.16 DH 47, low sperm count due to meds. 07/11 We have sperm! 28 million, 70% motility, morphology 1% normal. 08/14/11 1st IUI unmedicated BFN. 09/11/11 2nd IUI w/ Femara + trigger BFN 10/14/11 trigger & Final IUI 10/16/11 BFN 10/21/11 Started acupuncture and loving it! 01/21 ET one embryo 6 cell grade C. Beta 02/02. BFN. Taking a much needed break. image
  • Options

imagehappywifemomofone:
    Good luck.........will probably be joining you with stims by Monday or Tuesday at the latestSmile  I am waiting for FP (AF, not sure which girls were here when we changed abrev. to FP (for f...ing period)).  Anyways, I will post details of when we will be starting when I know.

I was here for that, but I seem to have reverted back to AF not sure if newer people knew what we were talking about...happy to go back to FP!

Looking forward to hearing about your progress next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"