Boston Babies

XP: Fertility Clinics

I am currently in an IVF cycle where we transferred 2 morulas, because none of my 9 embryos grew larger. I am preparing for the worst (that is how I handle stress) and I am looking into a few other clinics. I am currently at Boston IVF and have had three failed IUIs and two (possible 3 failed) IVFS. The clinics I am looking at are all about 40-50 minutes away with no traffic. It will be more difficult to get to any of them but their SART scores are better. Boston IVF has a 40.3 for '09. Here is what I am looking at: Brigham & Womens (SART 46.1 (09) 49.4 (08)) Mass General (SART 55 (09) 58 (08)) Cardone (SART 50 (09) 48.6 (08)) If you have any info/feedback I would greatly appreciate it!
TTC since Jan. 2010 DX Unexplained infertility
3 IUI's w/Clomid & Ovidrel=all BFNs
3 IVF (2 Fresh, 1 frozen) =BFN
Jan 2012 New RE & Fresh Cycle =BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 October 2014
Meet with RE March 2015
2 Frozen & 1 Fresh IVF= BFNs
September 2015 Frozen ET=BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: XP: Fertility Clinics

• Hi there!

First, please do not give up!  I went to Boston IVF for 4 cycles, 2 miscarriages and 2 failed cycles.  After that, we switched up and went to FCNE, Fertility Centers of New England in Reading, and saw Dr. Hill.  Dr. Hill was great, tells you like it is.  We got a positive result with the 5th, but lost that one.  Did all the chromasonal testing, that was fine, but being 37 at the time, it was my eggs.  They suggested we use an egg donor.  It was our last shot, seeing that in the state of MA, insurance will only cover 6 cycels.  We paid out of pocket for the use of an egg donor, which we got 13 eggs from her, and 2 were put back in...and I gave birth to our little miracle on Easter Sunday!  He's a beautiful, healthy baby boy!  So, FCNE worked for us, but I also heard wonderful things about Mass General and Brighams!  I know 2 other people who used both and have babies!!

I wish you all the best!

• We used the Brigham and I was always very pleased. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We used Dr. Cardone and were very happy there.  I was referred there by a relative as well as a few friends (who all have 2 or more children now).  We were very lucky that our first cycle of IVF was a success.  Just an FYI (since you said you live a distance away) all bloodwork and US are done in the morning from 6:30-8:30am.

Good luck with your decision and I hope your next round is a success.    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • From the other side of things, I was an egg donor to put myself through college (3 to 5 years ago) and I worked at Boston IVF once, FCNE twice, Brigham once and MGH twice.  The most successful donations (and subsquent pregnancys for the mothers) were at MGH with Dr. Cardone.  Yes, the bloodword and u/s that early in the morning is a little tough, but it was worth it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OP-I'm usually just a lurker (here, IF and GP) but was wondering if there's a reason you haven't looked into the Reproductive Science Center?  I only just started with them in May (4dpIUI #2) and there's things I like and don't like.  I think they have a couple offices but the one I go to is in Lexington (Dr. Pang).  I have DOR along with several other issues so we've been told IVF with ICSI and Assisted Hatching is really our only shot at success but our insurance (Fallon) requires 3 medicated IUIs before they pay for IVF.  I think after the 3 IUIs, I'll look into some options myself before moving on.

Best of luck to you and **fingers crossed** this cycle is successful and you don't need to worry about finding a new clinic.

• imageeem731:

OP-I'm usually just a lurker (here, IF and GP) but was wondering if there's a reason you haven't looked into the Reproductive Science Center?  I only just started with them in May (4dpIUI #2) and there's things I like and don't like.  I think they have a couple offices but the one I go to is in Lexington (Dr. Pang).  I have DOR along with several other issues so we've been told IVF with ICSI and Assisted Hatching is really our only shot at success but our insurance (Fallon) requires 3 medicated IUIs before they pay for IVF.  I think after the 3 IUIs, I'll look into some options myself before moving on.

Best of luck to you and **fingers crossed** this cycle is successful and you don't need to worry about finding a new clinic.

There really isn't a major reason.  The therapist I have worked with says that they are very by the book and not willing to go very individualized (i.e. this is the protocol for this dx and that is how we do it).   She knows I won't mesh well with that type of environment.  I am not sure how true this is though, but I figured if I'm near Boston, I should try there.

TTC since Jan. 2010 DX Unexplained infertility
    3 IUI's w/Clomid & Ovidrel=all BFNs
    3 IVF (2 Fresh, 1 frozen) =BFN
    Jan 2012 New RE & Fresh Cycle =BFP!

TTC #2 October 2014
    Meet with RE March 2015
    2 Frozen & 1 Fresh IVF= BFNs
    September 2015 Frozen ET=BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageMAbride0808:
    imageeem731:

OP-I'm usually just a lurker (here, IF and GP) but was wondering if there's a reason you haven't looked into the Reproductive Science Center?  I only just started with them in May (4dpIUI #2) and there's things I like and don't like.  I think they have a couple offices but the one I go to is in Lexington (Dr. Pang).  I have DOR along with several other issues so we've been told IVF with ICSI and Assisted Hatching is really our only shot at success but our insurance (Fallon) requires 3 medicated IUIs before they pay for IVF.  I think after the 3 IUIs, I'll look into some options myself before moving on.

There really isn't a major reason.  The therapist I have worked with says that they are very by the book and not willing to go very individualized (i.e. this is the protocol for this dx and that is how we do it).   She knows I won't mesh well with that type of environment.  I am not sure how true this is though, but I figured if I'm near Boston, I should try there.

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• imageMAbride0808:
    imageeem731:

Sorry - bump burp. I also had success with RSC.

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• I loved MGH.  I am biased towards academic centers, so I started there even though my gyn had recommended reproductive science center (my husband went there for an SA and wasn't impressed).  I saw Dr. Toth, who was great.  I also really liked Dr. Shifren when I saw her for one of my ultrasounds.  I have spoken to several people who started out a one of the private centers and ended up at MGH and were much happier.  Good luck
  • Fertility Solutions. 

I left Boston IVF because I felt like a factory product at best. The care there sucked, however 'great' my doc's credentials were. 

A group of the awesome female docs from RSC got tired of the big center policies and feel of RSC and peeled off to form Fertility Solutions. Dr. Anania was amazing. It is a growing center so the care is phenomenal. If I could have stayed there throughout my pregnancy I would have.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"