Upstate NY Babies

NBR: Layoffs :( suck

I am a state worker, and since the recent contract was voted down, layoffs began yesterday.  It sucks.  I'm not even back to work (next week), but just getting the updates from friends has been awful.  My job should not be in jeopardy, but it is alike a family that I work with, so any loss is personal.  I guess the morale is just so sad...not going to a great work environment to return to when I will already be emotional about going back to work, but I guess I need to be grateful that I have a job to go back to.  Sorry, just needed to vent :(
imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Layoffs :( suck

• I'm sorry.  Hopefully when things turn around your friends can get hired back on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i'm so sorry. I am glad your job is safe though. Its not the same thing, but we have had RECORD turnover at my work in the past year (from last October til now).. between people getting fired (many for seemingly little to no reason) and leaving on their own I would say probably 20 people have left (one left and came back) and we really only have like 40 employees.. All my friends are gone.. I don't feel like i have anyone I can really trust at work any more.. So I know how you feel, sort of..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry. Layoffs definitely change a work environment. Hope your friends are hired back soon.
  • I so sorry V!  I hope you are still able to stay in touch with those people, and that the work environment won't be too bad. 

I know going back to work is emotional anyway, I wish you didn't have to deal with this too :(

• They really do.

My BIL works for YNN (formerly RNEWS) as an editor/videographer. They are losing the Rochester "branch" and sending people to Buffalo/Albany. He's rooted here with his wife's family and his own, with their 2 young kids, so he's gotta find a new job. They had just started house hunting when they found this out. They are now living with my inlaws in their 900 sq ft house (4 adults and 2 kids under 4)! He's now training ppl from Albany/Buffalo to do his job, and will be w/o work in a month's time. Sucks.

I count my blessings everyday that MH makes JUST enough for me to SAH with my kiddos, not that I really have a choice with triplets... could you imagine what DC would cost!?!?

• I know how you feel.  The agency I work for gets a lot of funding from the state and I'm wondering what kind of changes await when I get back.  I'll find out a little bit today when I take Audrey in to meet my coworkers.  It's a very scary time. 
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • My program is 100% funded by Homeland Security funds which were recently cut to nothing for FY11.  5.5 million to our region to no funding.  I have funds for us to continue for 2 years and then I have to wrap up the entire office. 

• I'm sorry V~ It's such a crappy situation and I know its hard to find the silver lining but thank goodness your job is ok, right?
  • Oh no!  I'm happy you're ok, but it's still an awful situation!  Hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"