Food Allergy
Options

Bday party cake options

My DD has a peanut allergy, and right now the plan is to do cupcakes.  Now I'm looking at cupcake stands and toppers and it is adding up.

So I'm just curious - what are my options for cakes?  (Other than making my own, which I don't really want to do).  Have any of you found a place that made cakes, guaranteed to be peanut safe?  As far as I know, all the grocery stores and bakeries near me don't have peanut safe foods.  

I actually have no problem with cupcakes, and DD gets super excited (flips out) when she sees cupcakes, so I figure it is win-win, but I did get some comments about how she "has" to have a cake.  I am just picturing me having to run for the epi-pen..

Re: Bday party cake options

• Options

There are allergy free bakeries out there, but I have no idea if there are any in your area. Honestly, it doesn't sound too hard. Peanuts are not normally in cake or frosting so you wouldn't even have to substitute anything. You could even use a box mix and it would be super easy. If you can make cupcakes you can make a cake. Of course, you could just ignore the people saying she has to have a cake, cupcakes are cake.

Kristen (7), Timothy (5), Robert (3), Charles (9 months)

• Options
    personally I wouldnt risk it, esp if the allergy is a mod-high one. I cant imagine a bakery that can guarantee anything like that and I wouldnt trust it anyways...

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i would call all the bakeries around your neighborhood and ask if they are nut free. Now-a-days there are so many.  We have a few near us. But i guess it all depends on where you live.

Otherwise i would make my own. and btw -you sooo don't need a cake. if your DD loves cupcakes and you have a cute stand and toppers, that's totally enough. 

• Options
    I bought a cake for DD"s party mainly for the adults and made dairy-free cupcakes for the kids (they scarfed them up without even knowing!). I just bought a cheap cupcake stand and decorations from Wal-mart (I saw the same set at Party City too). Once the cupcakes were frosted, sprinkled and a Mickey/minnie topper on them they really looked cute.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"