Success after IF

Maternity/Newborn Photos

Hi SAIF Ladies!!!

I was wondering if you all could give me your opinions, since you've obvisouly crossed this bridge already :)

My photographer offers a few packages, which option would you choose?

1. Combined Maternity/Newborn package: Offers 2 hrs of maternity shoot, 3 hours newborn shoot, as well as 8x10 Hardcover 10 page album, 25 announcement cards, various prints and 40 photos on DVD with print release.

2. Seperate Maternity and Newborn package. It would be $75 less expensive. Same amount of photography time, announcements and DVD. No album.

So I guess my question is for you ladies: Do I really need a 10 page album with maternity and newborn pics? Or is this a waste? On one hand I think it would be adorable, but can I really justify it?

TIA for your wonderful opinions/advice!! ((Hugs))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maternity/Newborn Photos

• I guess it depends on whether or not you're going to LURVE the mat piks of yourself, I guess.  And if you've worked with the photog, and seen a LOT of their work, just not one session.

With the rights to reproduce, you could easily make a Shutterfly (etc) book of your favs if you wanted (and could find the time and energy to make it)

And 2 hrs for a mat shoot? dang! that's a lot of time. I'd rob Peter to pay Paul and bump one hour to the newborn shoot. There are times when I've taken 4 hrs easy on a newborn, depending on whether or not they sleep for me or not.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • imageDavezWife:

I guess it depends on whether or not you're going to LURVE the mat piks of yourself, I guess.  And if you've worked with the photog, and seen a LOT of their work, just not one session.

With the rights to reproduce, you could easily make a Shutterfly (etc) book of your favs if you wanted (and could find the time and energy to make it)

And 2 hrs for a mat shoot? dang! that's a lot of time. I'd rob Peter to pay Paul and bump one hour to the newborn shoot. There are times when I've taken 4 hrs easy on a newborn, depending on whether or not they sleep for me or not.

This! 2 hours is a long time for a maternity shoot. I would rather have one of those hours go towards the newborn session. I know four hours seems like a long time but you'll need it. Brady's newborn session was 4 hours and between feeding him and getting him into different poses the photographer used up every minute of the 4 hours.
  • Loading the player...
  • I knew you ladies would be full of great advice!!! Thank you!
  • I would go with option #2 because it's pretty unnecessary to get the album if you're getting the pics on DVD.  You can make your own album at costco, shutterfly, mypublisher, etc for a lot less or even free with some of the discount offers.  Similac sent me a coupon for a free shutterfly book for signing up with their strong moms program.  It's worth it to sign up with the formula companies even if you don't plan on FFing just because of the coupons.

I agree with PPs that 2 hrs for the maternity shoot is a long time.  That said we easily did Max's photos in 3 hrs without feeling rushed, but if I had the choice I would push one of those maternity hours to the newborn like suggested above.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did my maternity photos in 30 minutes and they turned out great.  It took just over 3 hours to do newborn photos.

I'd go with option 2 and make your own album.

• I'd also go option 2...with the DVD and reprint rights, you could make your own book for a lot less :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"