Natural Birth

Kalyssa Hypnobabies Birth Story

v:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Normal 0 false false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Birth Story: Kalyssa 9lb 1oz

Kalyssa was not eager to enter this world so 10 days after our guess date I was induced. This was not in our birth plan so I was really concerned and anxious. We had tried every natural induction technique from, acupuncture, acupressure, sex, spicy food, pineapple, walking nipple stimulation all to no avail. When I went for my Drs Appointment on the 8/25/11 she said she would be heading on vacation for the weekend   so said she could induce that night or we could wait until Sunday but she would not be available. After discussion we decided we would be induced because she had agreed to our birth plan and we had heard that most Drs in our area would not have done so. In order to ensure that we could avoid medical interventions as much as possible, and have a natural birth we felt it was the right decision.

I was extremely anxious at this point as it was not what I had envisioned as my birth time.  I had seen myself as being at home for the most part free to birth in my way. Prior to going to the hospital my partner read the Change of plan script which helped me relax. I also listened to the fear clearing session as I was extremely anxious and was panicking incase the hypnobabies would not work. (I was wrong).

We arrived at the hospital at 3pm. The nurse allocated to us was ideal. She herself had 9 children 6 of whom were home births. This helped me relax knowing she would be supportive. She explained we were extremely lucky to have got our Dr agree to our birth plan. Again this reassured me that we had made the right decision to be induced.

Following the paperwork the nurse could not begin the pitocin as an emergency case had arrived. So it was not started until 7pm.  Unfortunately my nurses shift had finished and my new nurse was not very natural child birth friendly and on a few occasions tried to get us to agree to unnecessary routine procedures. Thankfully I had great support and we stood our ground and kindly refused. Initially I lay on my side to listen to another fear clearing session and try to rest a little. Following this I got up and walked around for awhile, feeling only mild pressure waves. At 11:30 pm the Dr checked me and found that I was 6cm dilated and fully effaced. The nurse was shocked to see that I was still talking and laughing.

At this point my waters broke, but I was allowed to get up and continue walking. I had my CD easy first stage playing in the back ground. At 12:20 I knew I was entering transition as I began to feel shivery and was extremely thirsty. I had to focus a little more during my pressure waves. I was still able to talk and explain to my partner what was happening. I felt that walking was extremely helpful. I had tried using the birthing ball but it was not very comfortable so I remained standing.

At this point I stopped looking at the time, as I was focusing. Sometime later I began to get the urge to push. My partner asked the nurse to come, when she saw me still standing she said I couldn?t be  I asked to be checked she agreed. She then said I was 7cm I knew this was wrong. She left .then I began getting strong pressure waves and was unable to stop pushing. Again she was called in on this occasion she left the room and called the Dr. Who found I was fully dilated. I moved to the squatting postion and began pushing. My partner had at this point put on the pushing baby out , but it was difficult to focus as the nurse was now attempting to put me lying on my back. I refused and repeatedly requested her to shut up. My Dr then explained the baby?s heart beat was dropping and she needed to check her position. At this point I agreed to sit in an upright position while my feet were in stirrups. The nurse then began telling me how to push, I asked again repeatly to be quiet and said I would be pushing my way. My baby then crowned but because her head was quiet big got stuck. at which point her heart rate began dropping rapidly . I panicked and pushed the way the Dr said as I knew we had to get her out quick. When her head was out the Dr pulled her out as her heart rate had stopped. Thankfully staff was on standby and quickly got her breathing.

When her APGAR score increased to a sufficient level it had being four, she was giving to me and placed on my chest, skin to skin. It was one of the happiest moments in my life. She began feeding about 30 minutes later.

So even though our birthing plan was nothing like we had planned, it worked out very well. Hypnobabies worked brilliant even though I had being a little skeptical going into the hospital.

Re: Kalyssa Hypnobabies Birth Story

• congratulations! and great job on being able to go med free after the pitocin, i hear that is pretty rough. i haven't started hypno babies yet but i like that you can really direct your focus. also, i think i would have kicked that nurse in the face!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations!!! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNeolaC:
    v:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Normal 0 false false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Unfortunately my nurses shift had finished and my new nurse was not very natural child birth friendly and on a few occasions tried to get us to agree to unnecessary routine procedures.

What were these unnecessary routine procedures she was trying to get you to agree to?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations! How would you rate the pain since you were on pit?
                                                                                   4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• Thanks, i would say it was pain free until the pushing phase. Pressure waves were fine as i could breath through them and i was able to chat away to my partner.i i believe this was because of the hypnobabies. i was able to walk around during transition . The pushing phase was more intense as i had lost focus when i heard i had to get her out quick, so i would say on a scale of 1- 10 pushing was about a six.

• Routine procedures she wanted was continuous monitoring, blood pressure check every 15 min. Both of these would have meant i would have to labor in bed. She wanted to check dilation frequently. Also she wanted to administer more pitocin to deliver the Placenta quickly.

Our birth plan had stated that we wished to have minimum intervention and had being signed off by my Dr. So there was no medical reason for any of these, it was frustrating to have to continuously have to say no thank you.

• Thanks. I would definitely recommend Hynobabies .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"