Babies: 9 - 12 Months

When people ask what to get for your 1 year old what do you say ?

I don't know what to tell people anymore lol. I really want to tell people that we need a deep fryer and a blender lol, but I know that has nothing to do with baby lol. Any good gift ideas? There is about 60 people coming and I have nothing to tell them so far. Also when people INSIST on bringing a dish , what do I tell the ? We are doing baked ziti , salad , and bread , ourselves ! What are good side dishes for this kind of dinner !
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When people ask what to get for your 1 year old what do you say ?

• I always ask for books. I'm also interested in puzzles and Legos or Duplo or Bristle blocks.

And as for bringing food-I wish I had that problem. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• What about appetizer, snacky foods?  grapes, cheese, crackers, dips, chips, et al.
    Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Contributions to her college fund.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto to pp about college fund.  We worded the invitation to Cole's party ...Our little man is currently still enjoying the generous gifts of clothes and toys from his last birthday.  For those wishing to bring a gift a toonie (2 dollar coin) for his Education Fund would be greatly appreciated.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Clothes in sizes larger than they wear now.  Shoes also in sizes larger than now.  Mega blocks.  Play tent (the love to hide in dark places (under tables, behind chairs).  Puzzles.

As for food, ask for baked goods.  Those never go to waste.  Or chicken nuggets for children... or a veggie dish if any vegaterians (sp).

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We are saying books, telling them clothing sizes if they want more info, and anything musical or water related.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• We will have a small birthday party.  I will probably put the word out (via my mom) that we are good on clothing.  E already wears 24 mo, and has enough for the fall & winter season.  No one will be offended if my mom offers this suggestion.

I would suggest (like pp) - books, Duplo, Little People play sets.  Maybe the Zany Zoo.  Grandfather lives in Germany, and I would ask him to send a few pretend play toys from Erzi.  I also have my eye on an art table by Step 2.

I won't offer suggestions unless I'm asked - except for the one about clothing.

I just gave a one year old a board book (Gossie series) and a Target g.c.  

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • books, legos, ride-push toy (to the closest guests)

you could ask for appetizers, fruit or veggie tray

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Books, puzzles, clothes (size now and next size up), and sometimes I do a wish list at BRU so people get toys I know the kids will be interested in, but mostly put arts and craft stuff on there.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"