Natural Birth

Does it go back to normal?

Hi girls... I am planning to deliver my first baby naturally but I have a question: after childbirth, is it ever going to feel the same again or it will go back to normal with kegels and stuff? I am just curious

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Does it go back to normal?

• Everything feels pretty normal in that department to me.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel like it's the same and DH agrees.  I guess if you had a lot of damage it might be different, but your body is really meant to do this. 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It took awhile, but yes, all feels normal again. I recommend coconut oil, it's great for nursing moms because there can be dryness while breastfeeding. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am assuming by natural you mean vaginally? I don't think drug use would change the way a woman feels.

Either way, I don't feel 100% back to normal yet... But it is nothing crazy. I will say I am not great at remembering to do kegels.

• I never noticed a change, I had two sets of twins vaginally and with any birth there is healing time.  After 6-8 weeks I'm pretty sure things go back just like they were.  If anything, learning the kegels and learning to control it has only made the sex life better:)  I wouldn't stress about it.  Your body is suppose to change to have a baby, and its suppose to go back to normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No, it does NOT go back to normal.  all women who have had a vaginal birth are walking around with a watermelon sized gaping hole between their legs.  that's what why second babies come out so much faster. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think I'll ever be able to jump on a trampoline again, but other than that it is all back to normal.

And I had a 4th degree tear.  It was a long recovery, but yes, all went back to normal.

Good luck! 

• I had a 2nd degree tear 5 weeks ago, and I feel like everything is pretty much back to normal.  As does my H.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageTexas77again:

No, it does NOT go back to normal.  all women who have had a vaginal birth are walking around with a watermelon sized gaping hole between their legs.  that's what why second babies come out so much faster. 

I prefer to think of my gaping vagina as a cantaloupe. It makes me feel better.

• As so many other PP have said, your body is meant for this, so it does 'bounce back". Some healing takes longer than others, and if you are planning on BFing, the hormones related to milk production make your vaginal cavity a little dry and not too elastic. So you may want to invest in some lubrication and patience for a little while. That too gets better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"