Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Anyone want to help me dissect a hair conditioner bottle?

I'm still no-poo (baking soda + ACV), but I needed to find a price-friendly (if possible), kid-safe, E-Friendlier conditioner to use on DD.  Her hair is just getting to the point that she needs something, and my method is not going to work on a wiggly 16mo kid...at least not the one at my house.

I found Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner, which isn't on the cosmetics database that I usually use to determine how bad a product really is, but the label clearly says no silicone, parabens or dyes.  The only big thing I see is a fragrance is listed in the ingredients, which I usually try to avoid, but if that's the only bad part I might be able to deal with it.

Am I missing anything?  Is there anything I should be overly concerned about?  Here's the ingredient list (in order):

Water
Cetearyl alcohol
distearoylethyl hydroxyethylmonium methosulfate
octyldodecanol
corn starch
fragrance
pyrus malus extract/apple fruit extract
camelina sativa oil/Camelina sativa seed oil
prunus armeniaca kernel oil/apricot kernel oil
glycine soja oil/soybean oil
tocopherol
caprylyl glycol
benzoic acid
niacinamide
pyridoxine hcl
caprylic/capric triglyceride
linalool
hexyl cinnamal
citric acid
saccharum Officinarum extract/sugar cane extract
citrus medica limonum peel extract/lemon peel extract
camellia sinensis extract/camellia sinensis leaf extract
malpighia punicfolia/acerolafruit extract

Re: Anyone want to help me dissect a hair conditioner bottle?

• Options

I use the same stuff. I'm sure it's not the most super-EF thing out there, but I pick my battles.

I just use a clarifying shampoo once a week or so to be safe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What about California Baby?  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do use Ca. Baby from time to time (Shaklee looks good too), but it's pricey, especially compared to something like this product ($3 something for 13oz).  I guess I realize it might not be the absolute, especially for the price, but I need to balance the pros and cons (including price) for budgetary reasons.

• Options
    imageCynthia11097:

Check here for many all natural products, including baby and kids soaps.  I have fallen in love with all the products I have tried from Shaklee and if you're not happy with something they give you all your $ back.

Can't plug your own bidness on The Bump, just fyi. 

• Options

You guys may know about this, but I love the site goodguide.com   You can look up your product, and it will flag ingredients of high, medium, and low concern and tell you exactly what the concern is.  It also ranks products based on health, the social conscientiousness of the company, etc.   

• Options
    It looks ok to me. Most of those ingredients are either vitamins or plant oils. There are a couple that I don't know exactly what they are, but I haven't seen them on any "avoid these" lists either.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"