Multiples

menstrual cramps and sadness with weaning?

My milk is drying up, and we've gone from 4 BFs per day down to 1 in only 2wks. Morning seems to be the only time the boys can get any milk to let down at all. I'm having some sadness of course and some guilt, thinking that maybe I should be "doing" more to "stop" my supply from dwindling. Do you think there is anything I can do in one last-ditch effort to restore my supply or do I just let nature take its course? Did anyone else have moodiness, anxiety or menstrual cramps during weaning? These hormonal feelings are not making it any easier. TIA
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: menstrual cramps and sadness with weaning?

• Pat yourself on the back--- youv'e done a wonderful job!  Nature has to take it's course and your babies must be healthy enough not to have to have your milk anymore.  I nursed for 10 months with my son, it was without a doubt a sad moment.  I tried to remember the last night and just enjoy it.  It's just another stage in a childs life.  Your probably cramping because you'll be menstrating soon. 

I do have a confession--- I still have two bottled of breast milk in freezer. I just can't part with it :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think you could do the regular supply boosting things, but I doubt it's going to have a huge difference this late in the game.  Great job with how long you made it with twins, though!

There is definitely a hormonal depression thing with weaning.  I didn't realize it the 1st time until it was over and then heard from a lot of mom friends that they experienced the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"