Success after IF

What kind of shoes for blimp feet - for me?

I'm hoping someone can help!  I'm in desparate need of some shoes that I can wear to work this fall & winter to fit these blimp feet of mine!  When I was PG with DS my feet were swollen at the end so I bought some crocs - the mary jane style to wear - but that was in the spring & only for a couple of weeks.  My feet ended up swelling out of the holes of those even - talk about attractive!  The swelling has set in early with this pregnancy & none of my summer shoes are fitting.  I've tried dansko's & those aren't working but I can't wear crocs in the snow!  What should I do?  BP is fine by the way - I evidently just retain water like a camel.  I'm too sexy for my shoes.  I should really post a pic - it's epic!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What kind of shoes for blimp feet - for me?

• I ended up buying some grey, laceless chuck taylors from target for the last month of my pregnancy when I was swelling up so badly.  I bought them 2 sizes bigger than my normal, pre-pg shoe (ie, i used to wear a 7.5..bought an 8.5).  not awesomely work appropriate, but i got away with it...  and they were COMFY!  i'd look into some stretchy shoes a few sizes bigger.  or maybe some super wide styles from zappos?
  • ugh  I had the same problem with this last pregnancy, I wish I had some advice I was pregnant with both children in the summer so flip flops were my go to shoe once the feet swelled.
  • Loading the player...
  • My feet puffed up, too. Though, I was not working and it was summer. I went to the Zappos site, and searches for clogs/mules in wide sizes. There were about 200 that came up. These were the first pair that caught my eye. https://www.zappos.com/easy-spirit-abetti-black-black-leather. They come in width EE. Good luck finding shoes that fit.
  • So sorry. I feel your pain :-( My feet were humongous and the swelling hit me pretty early on when I was pregnant with V. In the colder months, I lived in Uggs (even those had to be at least a size up from my pre-pregnancy size so I could fit my ankles into them), and Easy Spirit (backless) tennis shoes (in a wide width, obviously). I ordered a few pairs of Clarks online, but ended up having to return them all because none of them were wide enough. Good luck finding something that works for you!

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• I ended up just getting som Sketchers from Kohl's.  I got ones that were kind of like mary janes, but had a criss cross strap.  It allowed me to tighten or loosen them as I needed throughout the day.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"