Attachment Parenting

Teething, sleep and another lesson learned

I cannot believe I haven't learned the lesson yet. DD is actually a great sleeper and I am amazed how she sleeps well in strange beds, deal with time zone changes and just adapts. The last three-four days though she has woken up at night around 2am and then just not been able to fall back asleep. She is awake for 1-2 hours. The night before last I almost threw her and DH out of the bedroom so I could get some sleep but we had sleep over guests, so not much possibility of sleeping somewhere else (kitchen floor anyone?). This morning on the train to daycare I looked at DD's drooling mouth and felt inside her mouth. Poor girl has two molars sticking out on top and two coming through at the bottom! So there were a logical reason to her sleeplessness, I felt so bad that I hadn't thought about that.

Lesson: there is always a reason for her not sleeping well. Last time she was sick, we all woke up with runny noses the next morning after a rough night. When she is fine she actually sleeps through the night or wake up once and go back to sleep quickly.

Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.

Re: Teething, sleep and another lesson learned

• I hear ya. Some days when DS is just so cranky and clingy/ won't nap or sleep well, I just want to scream. And then two days later I realize he's been getting sick when I finally come down with the same thing. I always feel like a horrible mother until I realize that we all do it sometimes. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's definitely true for my DD as well. She woke up at 3 and 5 am two nights ago and I was grumbly because there was a 7am yoga class I wanted to go to. I was certain she somehow sensed mommy needed a good's night sleep and was waking just to exert her independence or something. I went to yoga anyway, but hated that 6am alarm clock.

Turned out she woke yesterday with a super runny nose and hoarse voice.

Nonetheless, I sent her off on a plane today with DH, sniffles and everything.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a hard time with this because a lot of the time I never know what was wrong with DD when she had sleep regression. We're in the middle of one now with no sign of teething or a cold or the like. The only thing I can think of is growth spurt.

As soon as I start feeling desperate for sleep she goes back to her STTN without a peep. 

I'm starting to think she's just trying to keep me on my toes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"