Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

XP: 1st roll yesterday, now scared of TT?

So B did his first belly to back rollover yesterday.  Today, he immediately starts screaming, face-plants into the mat, snot smearing on the mat-crying hysterical.  He won't flip again.  Has anyone else's LO done something similar?  Did we overdo it praising him and getting excited that we scared him from TT?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: 1st roll yesterday, now scared of TT?

• Options

We've had to TT sessions where LO rolled tummy to back a few times in a row.  He is sooo sporatic with it he hasn't done it in a week or so.  Sometimes we're good with TT others he hates it and his head slowly bobs down to a face plant (that line made me chuckle!). 

Neh...keep praising him. I'd just stick with it.  My LO now just sits there sometimes with his head way up until he gets tired of doing it and fusses.  I figure he'll do it when he wants to.

image 36weeks in image 36ish weeks out Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Don't worry about the consistency. DD first rolled at ~10 weeks then didn't do it again til almost 12 weeks and then does it about every other day, sometimes every 4-5 days. He will do it again when he wants to. I find that giggling for DD is even more inconsistent. She had first at 11 weeks and laughs about every 3 days now, sometimes every day, sometimes goes a few days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

His roll over yesterday was very likely a fluke.  However, he probably ow he knows it can be over if he flips and he can't figure it out.  

He's still little.  It will happen again. 

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

A lot of kids roll to their tummy and can't figure out how to get back.  If they do it while sleeping, leave them be.  Give them lots of floor time (and praise) during the day. My DD forgot how to roll the other way, would get ticked etc, but she's sleeping better than ever on her tummy and now she's all over the place. Just roll with it.

Don't stress and don't always try to "rescue" him when he's there and a little ticked off.  It's good for their development to try and figure it out for a bit.  And like I said, don't waste your time flipping in the middle of the night. Most pedi's agree that once they flip (even if they can't go back) to just let them be.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"