Eco-Friendly Family
Options

no poo users...question for you

I am thinking of switching to no poo...but I was wondering if it works if I still plan to use hairspray or smoothing potion for when I flat-iron my hair? I don't use stuff every day, but at least once-twice a week. 

What's the verdict?

TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: no poo users...question for you

• Options
    I've been doing baking soda and ACV for about 2.5wks.  I use hairspray daily, and when I actually have time to "do" my hair, I use gel and more hairspray.  So far, I haven't actually done my hair with this method, but I haven't had any problems at all with my hairspray.  Someone did refer me to this link about making your own hairspray, but I haven't tried it yet.

• Options

You should be fine with using hairspray/styling products. Particularly if you are using natural ones. Generally you want to avoid the ones with -cone, -xane. 

The link that CD+AL mentioned is to the hairspray that I use and it really does work great.

You also should give your hair a chance to be styled without product once you go no 'poo as no 'pooing changes how your hair behaves (for the better) I hardly ever use hairspray now. 

Brittany: mommy to Logan 06/06, Ransom 07/07, Everly 11/10 and another girl due 11/17/12 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"