High-Risk Pregnancy

Daily Bedrest Check-in 9/29/2011 (Thurs.)

Early Morning To You All!

On my way out to the doctors for my u/s, yayy! Hope you all slept comfy as possible (if there is a such thing).

1.What did you crave in you first tri.?

2.After LO is born, how do you plan on handling your visitors?

3.What's your astrology sign and does it fit you?

Updates & Vents

Enjoy your day ladies!

Re: Daily Bedrest Check-in 9/29/2011 (Thurs.)

• 1.What did you crave in you first tri.?

I craved acidic foods like raw tomatoes, grapefruit, and lemons. Actually, I want some grapefruit now but we don't have any :(

This is something we just started talking about. DH has a huge family and I have a tiny one so we are trying to figure out a way to tactfully limit visitors (like making our own visiting hours and telling friends/extended family that they can only visit during that time and that the rest of the time is mommy/daddy/baby time). I will likely have the baby over an hour away so that may deter some people from just dropping by the hospital. I will more than likely be having a c-section immediately followed by major surgery to repair my hernia so I'm not going to be in the happy visiting mode when I wake up lol.

My sign is aquarius and it does fit my personality. I have to have my freedom and I don't like being told by anyone that I *have* to do something. I am also pretty detached from the world around me and tend to look at everything with a different point of view than everyone else that I'm around on a regular basis.

Updates & Vents

This is my first weekend of not working in I don't know how long. I am actually looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time...The fair is going on this weekend and we had been planning to go, but since I'm on bedrest now we are not going. I just wanted to go and eat grilled corn on the cob and some of the other goodies that they have. Maybe I can convince someone to go and bring me some food home haha.

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good morning! Hope you have a great u/s astarmc!~

1.What did you crave in you first tri.?

EVERYTHING!! I especially loved salty foods (pickles, chips, black olives...) and veggies. I did have a major aversion to sweets tho, which is strange because I typically have a huge sweet tooth!

Oh goodness I haven't even thought about it. The only one I am really concerned about is my dad. He and my mom divorced before I was 2 years old and I haven't had much contact with him, until now... he thinks we should be super close all of a sudden. I don't want to cause problems, but my mom WILL be coming for a couple of weeks after they are born and he will not be welcome (it would make my mom very uncomfortable)... I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm Leo, but I have no idea because I don't follow that stuff.

Updates & Vents

It's almost the weekend and my mom is coming to visit!! Big Smile

Married 8.4.07
    BFP #1 4.15.11 Twin girls born 11/17/11
    BFP #2 10/16/13 m/c at 9w
    BFP #3 4/7/14 EDD 12/13/14

• Loading the player...

Bananas, or anything banana flavored. Loved banana pudding, laffy taffy, slurpees etc. If it was banana flavored I had to have it.

DH and I have decided that we only want family to come visit us at the hospital. As first time parents we want that time to be shared with family. I just don't want to feel bombarded by visitors. I would hope that once we're home and people want to visit that they would call first, but I have heard from friends that sometimes people will just show up.

I am a cancer, and I think it fits me for the most part. I looked it up real quick and the points I would agree with are that I am caring, dependable and oversensitive. The descriptions seem to fit me pretty well.

Updates & Vents

Updates: Not really sure if this qualifies as an update, but my baby shower is this weekend. I am so excited that I get to go. Since my BP has been down my past two visits my doctor said I would be fine to get out for a few hours!

No vents today

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL.  Sleep comfy?  Please explain what that means.  LO thinks my lungs are pillows.  :-p 1.What did you crave in you first tri.?  Nothing.  I couldn't keep anything down.2.After LO is born, how do you plan on handling your visitors?  If they call I'm just going to politely explain that we want to wait until after the first 6 weeks for visitors so that A) I feel up to it and B) there's not as much risk of LO getting sick because of the flu season.  Hopefully no one just shows up.3.What's your astrology sign and does it fit you?  Pisces.  Some aspects do, others don't.Updates & Vents  Five more days until I can be free again!  It has been 14.5 weeks of staring at the same four walls and now I'm breaking out of this prison!  It still sucks that I have GD, though.  So I still can't eat whatever I want until after LO gets here.Enjoy your day ladies!
  • 1.  I didn't crave anything.  Not even chocolate.  I was too sick to eat so I lost 8lbs.  

2.  We are welcoming everyone who wants to come.  But this will be a short list because we live very far away from most of our friends, and all of our family.  My mom, sister, and BFF (who might as well be my other sister) are coming first.  My mom will stay for a week or two and my sis and BFF will just stay for a long weekend.  I'm really looking forward to them coming!  Then my MIL and FIL will be coming after that.  I'm so glad we're going to be blessed with so many visitors, and they're all such wonderful people.  They always pitch in and help whenever they can!  Our friends here can call and stop by almost whenever they want.  :)  

3.  I'm a cancer.  I think it kinda fits.  I'm not much into astrology though.

Vent-  I just keep getting more worried about LO being breech.  I can't think of much else these days. 

My name is Julie. I'm a SAHM mom of 2 and married for 7 yrs! Missing my Angel Babies- 7/29/08, 10/11/10 both at 9 weeks. Another baby girl due in October 2011! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) nothing really I was really sick 2) we were talking about this last night I said I just want rest 3) yes aquarius stuburn and loyal thats me. Update:Vents- Still feeling sick my aunt is coming to visit today

• 1. meat- specifically ribs and sausage. It was very unusual for me.
    2. I don't know, and I'm getting very stressed about this. I don't want a lot of visitors, but we both have huge families, and I know it's going to be a disaster. Another thing, I don't know how to tell immediate family that I don't want people waiting around right after delivery. Go home, and we'll call you when we're ready. Would it be inappropriate to just wait to call?
    3. My star sign is picses but I don't know much about that stuff. From what I just skimmed on google, I think it probably does.

Nothing really, I was very nauseated. Ick!

I'll gladly accept them! My 3 year old needs constant attention so I think having people over to visit/help will be great.  

Gemini.  I've heard that it does...which I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing! Angel

Updates & Vents

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. I craved all types of fruit smoothies, fruit cups and slushy fruity drinks.

2. Not sure how were gonna handle visitors, probably just family at hospital day after baby is born and then maybe a few days to a week to have friends over, we'll see.

3. I'm a taurus and it fits me very much. I'm stubborn, reliable, and love hard.

updates- my u/s showed that my fluid was a little low and cervix is funneling down to 1.2cm, right at the stitch, they didn't make too much of it since I'm so close to 33wks. Guess I better relax even more.

• Hey there - I am new on here. I'm 16 weeks and just got out on bed rest for a partial placenta abruption.

As for the questions -

1) I craved fruit - TONS of fruit. Smoothies especially. and lamb.. which is weird cuz I'm not usually a big meat eater!

2) I am not sure how I am going to handle visitors. I really don't think it's going to be a concern. I don't really speak to most of my family, and I only have a few very close friends.

3) I am a Taurus. It fits me to a 't'. I am very stubborn, blunt, and loyal. I expect the same out of my relationships ( although my expectations are rarely met)

I am having a very hard time with bed rest. I have had a very stressful year, and have lost a lot of my support system. Getting out of the house and away from it all was the only way I could deal... and now I can't do that.

I was in the ER on Sunday, where we found a large tear and hemorrhage where the placenta tore from the uterine wall. I was, and still am, terrified. I had some of the same at about 5.5 weeks, but it was much less severe. This time my bed rest is more strict. Hubby is being helpful, but with 3 other kids, and SO MUCH to do, I am having a very hard time just letting it all go.... 

* Proud Mommy to Devon (11), Henry, (6) and Step-mommy to Seth (5) with a lucky little one due on March 17th! * BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1.What did you crave in you first tri.?-Lots of carbs. Muffins, bagels, biscuits, etc. And fruit. 2.After LO is born, how do you plan on handling your visitors?-We have talked about this at length, but I don't think we have a set plan yet. We have decided on a list of who to call and when during L&D. My main concern is after the baby is born and we are at home. My DH's family has a habit of just showing up places without calling ahead to ensure it is ok. 3.What's your astrology sign and does it fit you?-I'm a Leo, and the older I get the less it fits. Updates & Vents-Update: Had my 38 week appt today and my BP was high, especially for me since my BP is normally lower than average. Based on that info and the crazy back pain I have been dealing with, we agreed on inducing me next Thursday. So LO has his eviction date. I will be 39 weeks and 3 days. Can't wait to see our LO!!! Enjoy your day ladies!
  • 1.What did you crave in you first tri.? - ice cream ice cream ice cream

2.After LO is born, how do you plan on handling your visitors? - I plan on welcoming them with open arms as with 3 babies at home I will need all the help I can get.

3.What's your astrology sign and does it fit you? - Libra and yes it is me to a tee

Updates & Vents

Update - This morning I had crazy weird discharge and it freaked me out.  We ran some tests to make sure if it was the mucus plug or not and it was not.

No vents today.

Adalynn, Brynn and Elena born October 13th, 2011! They were our triplet surprise and everyday is a blessing. Brynn Victoria was born 3lbs 7oz 16", Adalynn Louise born 3lbs 6oz 16 3/4" and Elena Marie born 3lbs 10oz.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"