2nd Trimester

my hair is weird...anyone else?

So I have always had really soft easily managable hair...the past month or so my hair feels like horses hair after I shower and then try to brush it out...it also seems to be growing in much darker...anyone else have the same situation...my mom says that having a baby can change your hair...fact or fiction ? O btw I am 27 weeks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my hair is weird...anyone else?

• Growing up, my sister had VERY FINE, VERY THIN hair.  Bane of her existence.  After 5 kinds, it's not wavy, much darker and thick like a horses mane.  LOL I have heard many storied of hair changing type with pregnancy....
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Cloth Diapers at Nurtured Family
  • My hair looks like shlt to be perfectly honest...it's dry, unruly and frizzy.  I try to control it with de-frizzing creams and they are no match for it.  I think I need to start beating it into submission with a stick.
  • Loading the player...
  • My hair sucks right now too.  I hate even doing it everyday.  It's just flat and blah.  I have thought about cutting it but then I am afraid I will have sucky short hair.

• My hair is naturally curly, thick, and soft. HOWEVER, now that I'm pregnant, my already THICK hair is even more thick because my hair isn't shedding anymore.  I can literally wash my hair after a few days and 4 strands of hair will fall out.  It's ridiculous and unruly.

Pre-pregnancy, my hair would shed enormous amounts, but it's so thick and I have so much hair, that it didn't matter.  Now, when I sweep my floor, there's no hair to sweep up. I can't wait until I shed all of this extra hair. GEEZ...straightening it with a flatiron takes forever. 

• Mine is a lot more coarse, almost wiry, and I think it's a lot more dry.  I blame the hormones!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YES!

I am African American, and I usually get a relaxer to strighten my hair out, but since  I am pregnant, I don't want to put all those chemicals in my hair, My hair is so frizzy, it is very unmanagable, it is thick...it is just a HOT MESS. That is why I am going to go get extenstions this weekend, so that I can still look nice, but my real hair will be protected!

• imageMommyMals2012:

YES!

I am African American, and I usually get a relaxer to strighten my hair out, but since  I am pregnant, I don't want to put all those chemicals in my hair, My hair is so frizzy, it is very unmanagable, it is thick...it is just a HOT MESS. That is why I am going to go get extenstions this weekend, so that I can still look nice, but my real hair will be protected!

Awesome decision on not putting that relaxer on your hair right now. My mom is a hairdresser, and the most she will do to a pregnant woman's hair (chemically) is color it. (most colors these days are gentle) If you relax your hair or perm it while pregnant (regardless of ethnicity), it can fry, and/or fall out. Granted, that's a worst-case scenario, but still not a risk I'd take!

My hair has changed texture too. It's always been thick, but it used to be pretty sleek... wavy, but easily straightened. Now, it's coarse, and my wavy hair has turned into crazy curly frizz. It takes twice the time to fix now. The bad news? There's not guarantee that our hair will return to "normal" after delivery. We all might just be stuck with this new stuff. (eek!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • It's sad, but true.  With my first my hair got really full and silky when I was pregnant then after I delivered I went from having slighty wavy hair to curly hair.  This pregnancy my hair is even more curly, very dry, and falls out easily.  Crazy what hormones can do to you!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My hair has changed alot!  It used to be very straight, all I had to do was wash & go... and now its so terribly frizzy and feels to be getting much more coarse.  I don't know if it's getting darker, since I used to dye my hair lighter b4 getting pregnant and haven't since - so i've got roots growing out and couldn't tell you what color it was before :)
    Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• imagelancyjo:
    imageMommyMals2012:

YES!

Awesome decision on not putting that relaxer on your hair right now. My mom is a hairdresser, and the most she will do to a pregnant woman's hair (chemically) is color it. (most colors these days are gentle) If you relax your hair or perm it while pregnant (regardless of ethnicity), it can fry, and/or fall out. Granted, that's a worst-case scenario, but still not a risk I'd take!

My hair has changed texture too. It's always been thick, but it used to be pretty sleek... wavy, but easily straightened. Now, it's coarse, and my wavy hair has turned into crazy curly frizz. It takes twice the time to fix now. The bad news? There's not guarantee that our hair will return to "normal" after delivery. We all might just be stuck with this new stuff. (eek!)

Oh yeah, as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I said oh no, I can't put any chemicals in my hair that strong. The extensions will be great in the long run! My hair now is a mess! It's very coarse now when the texture of my hair before pregancy was not that bad.

• My hair is going wacko too. Just this morning I thought "I need to get a handle on this mess!" My normally straight hair isn't growing longer, it's growing sideways--wavy and bushy.
  • imagelancyjo:
    imageMommyMals2012:

YES!

I am glad you posted this. I have very thick curly hair that's been getting more unmanageable lately. I was thinking of getting a brazillian blowout, because I've gotten them before (pre-pregnancy) and really liked the results. But if it means risking my hair going toally nutso, then no way!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ha I am sort of having the same problem except I am noticing hair growing thicker on my tummy & it's darker than I've ever seen before on my body! It's kinda gross.
  • My hair looks frizzy and crappy now. It is super thick, which is nice, but it looks like I haven't gotten it trimmed in a year!  I use some suave professionals hair spray to flatten out the ugly frizz (mostly to disguize it) and that's about the best I can get.  My hair decided to do this ridiculous 60's flip no matter how much I straighten it also...  I'm getting it chopped next week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"