Detroit Babies

Where to have 6 month pictures taken?

We went to Portrait Innovations for our son's 3 month pictures, but was looking to find a less expensive option for his 6 month pictures.  We are having professional pictures taken when he's 7 months (part of our wedding pkg and isn't available until then) so I don't want to spend a ton when we are getting awesome pictures a month later!

Any recommendations are appreciated :)

Re: Where to have 6 month pictures taken?

• I think Portrait Innovations is as cheap as it gets unless you know a friend who has a really nice camera that can take some photos for you.  Portrait Innovations has the $9.95 package, but you can only get one pose.  If need be, you can always buy additional sheets of a different pose.
  • I agree that PI is the cheapest.  Weve also gone to Jcpenney and have done professional ones.  If you are getting 7month pics done I'd go back to PI and just pick the one pose you like best for the package just to have it. I know picking just one can be hard, but if you are having a session done the next month, there really wont be much of a difference.
    Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • $9.95 at PI is the cheapest I've found.  I'm not sure how much cheaper you can get...I agree with beewitched, just pick the best pose and get their $9.95 package since you are getting pics taken a month later.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • I wasn't aware of the 9.95 package!  We went a little crazy for his 3 month pictures and ordered wayyyyyy too many.  It was just too hard to pick only one and we had a lot of family that wanted pictures of him.  Sounds like I can easily go back and not overspend :)  Thanks for the heads up!
  • Does your local Wal-mart have a photo studio?  My friend goes there for her kids' pictures, they are very reasonably priced.

• JCPenney also has a one pose package for $7.99  The package is slightly smaller than the one from Portrait Innovations, but it is still a lot of pictures.  The nice thing is you can go online and order more prints if you decide you want a different one later.  At Portrait Innovations, once you have picked the one pose, the rest are forever deleted.  There is no going back.

Sears has a similar package, but I wasn't happy with them. 

• I agree that Portrait Innovations is the cheapest if you can stick with the 1 pose $9.95 package.  You can also add on a sheet of an additional pose relatively inexpensively. It is the large packages and the CD that will do you in!  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hello =)

I am a photographer- and I will not disclose my business names as I dont think the boards are for advertising purposes. I just wanted to say if you are going to charge a large chain, Potrait Innovations is the closest to non cheesy! ... However, the large studio chains are never as inexpensive as they seem. Unless you are willing to stick with one pose. Also another fyi- about portrait innovations the cool thing is they do their printing on site so you get the photos that day- however the bad thing about this company ( unless this has changed in the past few months) if you do go ahead and purchase a pricey package with a disc. Their is a stipulation with their dics- they do not release the copyright release and you are not allowed to take the disc anywhere besides portrait innovations to print. And to print I believe its about $10-15 per sheet. The only way the disc will come in handy is apparently it allows you to print on your printer from your computer at home- but add up the price of the computer paper- ink to print- it still ends up being quite pricey if you are looking for alot of pics. I want to refer a photographer I know- her name is Denise Scarletta of Scarletta Images- she is based out of Rochester- for less than $150 (not sure if her rates have changed) she gives the disc with copyright release of edited images. Her work is great! .... and personality wise she is great with kids!  https://www.scarlettaimages.com/   tell her Kristine sent you =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"