Preemies

New here - 25 weekers

Hi Ladies

I tried to intro yesterday and once I typed out my post I lost it so I got frustrated and didn't try again. 

Anyway, on Saturday night while I was on hospital bedrest I lurked here a little and found some comfort in the success stories that were posted.  Thinking I have another few weeks of bedrest left in me, I went to sleep only to wake up at 5 am to some bleeding.  I called my nurse and was almost immeditely taken to labor and delivery bc I was fully dilated.  The bleeding turned out to be a detatched placenta.  All I can say is thank god I was already in the hospital.  My babies were delivered via emergency c section 45 minutes after I called my nurse.

Both boys are critical but stable.  They are where we expect them to be at 25 weeks.  They have a lot of tubes and IV's in them which is hard to see.  I am hoping for a quick few weeks and an uneventful NICU stay.  Can't wait to hold my boys and hear them cry. 

Thanks for reading.  I hope to get to know you ladies over the next few weeks. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New here - 25 weekers

• Welcome!  Always a strange thing to say given the circumstances - but glad you found us.  Good luck to you and the boys.  I hope their NICU stay goes smoothly.

• Welcome! I hope your NICU stay is as short and uneventful as possible. Good luck to you and your boys, I'm pulling for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome, mama, and congrats on your LO's!  I had a singleton 25 week girl and our journey was hard and bumpy, but totally worth it.  Please post often, and  ask us anything!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Another micropreemie mom here!  Welcome and I'm glad your boys are doing well, considering.  Hope your NICU stay is as uneventful as possible - and that your boys continue to get stronger each day.  It's hard and overwhelming to have a long NICU stay, but it is so worth it in the end.  Please let us know if there is any questions you have - this board is a great resource and full of tons of understanding women!
  • Welcome and congrats on your LOs!  Hoping that your NICU stay is short and uneventful.  Keep  us posted on your boys' progress.  We'll be here to listen.

How are you recovering from your c/s? 

• Mom of a 26 weeker here!

FIrst, congratulations on the birth of your babies.  I know it probably feels weird to hear that, but you shouldn't miss out on the congratulations just because they were born so early.

I'm glad to hear your babies are doing well so far!  Please keep us posted on how they're doing.  My son was in the NICU for 70 days, which was a bit on the short end for a preemie of his gestational age.  I hope your stay is short (relatively speaking, anyway) and uneventful!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • No one wants to be here, but I've been very glad to have this board. I hope your little ones do well and get through this critical stage quickly!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Congratulations! Many T&P to you, DH and little boys. I hope they have an uncomplicated NICU stay and hurry home.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Wow! I'm glad you were in the hospital, too! My baby came out like a fast bang, too - while I was working, but luckily my job was two blocks away from my hospital.

Post a photo when you have a chance. It will be nice getting to know you :)

(and congrats!)

• Welcome and congrats on your boys!

I'm glad they are stable and I hope they continue to do well so you can have as short of a stay as possible. My 27-weeker was in for 73 days and is home and healthy now. The NICU ride is often full of ups and downs-we've all been through it so please post often and ask question or vent as needed.  This group was amazingly supportive when my DD was in the NICU and continues to be a great resource!

PS-there is a list of NICU resources that we collected over the summer linked in my siggy. 

• Congrats! It's definitely scary and overwhelming at first. This is a great group for resources and support. My little one was a 25 weeker, she will be one in a month and a half :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersPhotobucket Keep up with Scarlette at http://kaylaaimee.com
  • Welcome! Wishing you and your boys the best.  My LO was born at 24w5d and is now 21 months and thriving. Sending lots of good throughs your way!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on your boys!  I recognize you from the multiples board too.  It's really hard to see your babies with tubes and IVs, it was almost surreal for me.  It really helped me to bond with them by trying to be present for their "touch times" when I got to check their temps and change diapers.  I hope they continue to do well, grow, and progress.  It's a long journey for sure!
  • lots and lots of prayers and hugs!
  • Thank you.  I'm in more pain than I anticipated after my c/s.  It's day five and I still can't walk for more than 5 minutes without being in pain.  I guess I should've expected it.  It is major surgery after all.
  • And thank you all for your warm welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"