2nd Trimester

16 weeks / negative blood type question

I am 16 weeks pregnant, and I?ve felt flutters here and there. But for the last week or so I haven?t felt anything. I know I?m still early in my pregnancy and it?s early to feel lots of flutters/movement. Buuuut I just have a question, I have the negative blood type and will get my needle at 28 weeks but I was just wondering if my blood cells could have done something to the baby?

Going to see my doctor next week but I just wanted to ask anyways. 

If it's not one worry it's another 

Thanks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 16 weeks / negative blood type question

• I am O-neg and I'm also getting the Rhogam shot @ 27ish weeks. I think the only way your blood could cross with the baby's is if you were spotting and it turned out the blood was the baby's blood and not yours. Somehow that means your blood entered the placenta. If that hasn't happened I think you will be fine :)

My OB told me that it's not this pregnancy I need to worry about RH-Neg wise, it's my consecutive ones. Scary, but at least he was honest and I know what to expect next time around. Basically, if you don't get the shot during your pregnancy and after labor if the baby has + blood, you could potentially harm your following pregnancies (i.e. you might have a few miscarriages before conceiving again because your body built up antibodies to the + blood).

ETA: Also, is your partner - or + blood type? If he is also negative, you have nothing to worry about because your baby will also be negative :) It's only if you guys are one and the other that potentially causes the problem.

• I know exactly how you feel. I am A- with RH- and have the same shot. With DD I freaked all the time. If you are ever worried call your doc. But unless something really drastic happened you should be fine. Ask your OB lots of questions. 16 weeks is also pretty early to be feeling the baby consistantly To honest it might have been just gas you were feeling before but good luck and just make sure to educate yourself. just dont google to much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also the negative type, and I have to get that shot in two weeks....if it's your 1st child then I would say you don't have to worry about it. My OB said the first baby is fine, it's the 2nd one you try for that would be put at a risk.

Your LO is probably just resting....and like you said, you're still a little early to be feeling every little movement. I'm sure baby is moving, but LO still has lots of room to move around and is probably doing so without you feeling it!
    When I was around 16 weeks I felt barely-there flutters every once in a while...now that I'm 27wks I feel something everyday. If it's truly a concern for you call your OB, but I think you're okay :)

?Little Love of my Life?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My blood type is O- . I started bleeding and cramping at around 11 weeks . My DR gave me the RH shot then because she was concerned that my antibodies were attacking the baby. If I had not have been bleeding Im sure they would have waited until later to give me my shot. I think she was just trying to elminate all possibilities. I hope this helps a little but if not Im sure your doctor will be willing to answer any of your question! :)
    photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • This is my 2nd pregnancy and RH- has never been a risk for me. I have had to have the shot when I was spotting jus in case, the baby's blood mix, but the baby's blood would have to be positive and it would have to be alot like the placenta ruptured, in order for your body to react in a bad way. But in my case my daughter was neg , so there is also always a chance the baby can be neg too and not have to worry! The baby should be perfectly fine, but if you worry just call your doctor, the dr office told me I shouldnt worry about movement until 28 wks because they are small and you can't feel all the movements they are making just some!
    BabyName Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I'm O- and will get my shot sometime in the next 6 weeks. I really didn't feel any flutters or anything until about 18-20 weeks and this is my 2nd baby. If you are concerned, don't hesitate to call the doctor, but if there isn't any spotting or anything, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks all :).  This is my 3rd pregnancy, 1 was a MMC, 2 was a healthy baby boy, and now this is my 3rd, keeping my fingers and everything else crossed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm B- and DH is A+, my dr acted like it wasn't much of a big deal, I'll just have to get a shot before the baby and after if it has positive blood type too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"