Multiples
Options

Moving with twins

We are finally moving to a bigger house. Things moved faster than I anticipated and needless to say I have a little over 2 weeks until our big move.  So, I am freaking out a bit. About 40% is packed up but the other 60% that we use on a regular basis is what I am scared about.

Any tips on moving?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Moving with twins

• Options

Are you moving yourself or are you having a company do it?

We're military and have done several moves with kids, including the most recent with 6 week old triplets and a 3 year old.

If you're moving yourself, I'd recommend setting aside one room that will have all of the stuff you need (or think you need) until then, and pack it last minute, or move it unpacked even (just load it all in the car, drive it over, unload).

If a company is moving you, they will often do a "last day" box that you can leave a lot out and then load it up last minute.

As much as it stinks at the time, you really do have to pare down what you use on a daily basis to just the essentials, but it's manageable. You actually start to realize how much stuff you have that isn't necessary afterwards! :)

~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My boys were 2.5 when we moved so different story. We just packed when we could, and DH took boxes and furniture over when he could. Then on moving day, we had good friends watch them for the day so that the main living areas and the boys' room could be all set up by the time they got to the new house that evening. I think it really helped with the transition.
    Good luck with everything!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We moved when the twins were 18 months and the little one was still a newborn.  It was hard, I won't lie.  And we only moved about 3 miles away.  We were up most of the night before packing up the stuff we use everyday.  The day of, I had to have the baby with me since he was nursing but my in-laws came and took the other 2 for the day.  As soon as they were up that morning DH and his helpers took apart their cribs while finished packing the last of the kitchen stuff.  As soon as we got to the new house I worked on putting the cribs back together and the boys rooms set-up so that they would have at least a similar place to sleep.  My parents came the next day and watched the boys so that we could unpack the rest of the necessary stuff and then I just a little everyday until it was done.

Good luck!  It will be so worth it once you have more room!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"