Upstate NY Babies
Options

NBR: What kind of apples do you like?

I love Macoun and Empire and just got some Gala and like those too.  DH likes Red Delicious. 

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: What kind of apples do you like?

• Options

Ooh ooh, pick me!

We just went picking and got some honeycrisps, which I love. I also really like the SweetTango and Zestar. And Gingergolds. And Crispins. I like the slightly tart but sweet and super crispy ones.

image        image
  • Options

The honeycrips and crispins are so good right now. Also I usually like empires. I like apples that are crisp and sweet.

DH likes golden delicious apples usually.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the kind I remember to bring home from the store.  I swear I had a bag in my cart lastnight and I'm pretty sure i saw them on the counter when we were putting stuff away.  i went to get one for my lunch and they are gone!  :( 
  • Options
    I like Gala and Golden Delicious.  And I made an amazing pie last night with some macintoshes that we picked a few weeks ago.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our favorite is Granny Smith but I may take some of your suggestions. Love tart and crisp!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever met an apple I didn't like.
    Bianca image.
  • Options

::hangs head:: I so dont know the difference other than red or granny smith...LOL

but I love granny smith 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yuck I hate red delicious!!!

I love Macintosh, Empire, Honeycrisp, Fuji, Northern Spy, and Granny Smiths. I also will use Cortlands and Romes in baking. I also tried a Cameo at the Farmer's Market this spring and it was really good!

I LOVE apples. We are going to the orchard this weekend I can't wait!!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am a big fan of Gala apples, but I will eat most apples, in general.... I HATE Macintosh - they are too soft, if that makes any sense... I like the crunch of an apple... mcintosh = no crunch.
  • Options
    I like Fuji, Gala, Northern Spy and Golden Crisp. Anything crunchy and tangy usually works for me. If it's softer, I don't like eating them, but will tolerate them for baking.
  • Options
    Mmmmm apples!  I love honeycrisp, gala, jonamacs, and golden delicious.  I hate red delicious...the skin doesn't taste good to me.
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    I always buy empire bc they are my favorite.  But when we went picking last week, I tried the samples of Sweet Tango and loved them.  So we came home with double the apples I was planning on - the empires we picked and the sweet tangos I bought.
  • Options
    CORTLANDS are my fav!!!! I can eat them all day long! So sweet and juicy! Mmmmm!
  • Options
    Macouns, Mcintosh and cortlands are my favorites. I used to like empires a lot, but like the other ones more! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"