2nd Trimester

Need opinions

So what do you think of the name Harper Paige? I just came up with it one day and thought it was cute. DH said he likes it but MIL has said she doesn't (not sure why). What are your thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need opinions

• honestly... if my mil told me she didn't like a name, it would phase me one bit. as long as you and dh/so love it, then that's al that matters. i think harper is very cute.
  • I love the name Harper.  I'd love to add it to our list, but I have a feeling DH would shoot it down!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I like each name individually, but I don't like the double P sound when saying it out loud.  With that said, who cares what I think - lol.  If you like it that is all that matters.  :-) 
  • NMS; it's too trendy for me. I also am not a huge fan of the doubled P sound, like one of the PPs mentioned.
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageAshleve:
    honestly... if my mil told me she didn't like a name, it would phase me one bit. as long as you and dh/so love it, then that's al that matters. i think harper is very cute.

Everything about this! It is a cute name, and it only really matters what you and your husband think.

We decided right away that our names will be secret until we actually introduce LO in the hospital - that way we don't get any negative feedback.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like them both separately but not together... 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think Harper is really cute. If you and your husband like it, go for it. Your MIL should have no say in what you name YOUR child. Its your and your husbands decision and no one else's.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like it.  Who cares what MIL thinks, it's not her baby.
  • I really like the name Harper Paige, it has a nice flow to it... And you have to remember that before your baby is born it is "just a name", so people will have their opinions... once Harper is here it is no longer a name but it is your child, or her granddaughter, and then it becomes special and meaningful :) That's what happened with our DD's name, my hubby didn't like it but once she was born of course it grew on him and he loves her and her name!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I dont care for Harper (unfortunatly all I can think of when I hear it is the Color Purple and the line: "you told Harpo to hit me."  Crazy I know bcs they are two different names).

I love Paige. 

I wouldnt give 2 craps if my MIL didnt like it (my sister doesnt like the name I picked out if I have a little girl and I told her to practice saying it everyday and learn to love it (or not) because my mind was made up -- she is finally on board and only suggesting middle names now). LOL

If you (and DH) like "Harper Paige," then I say use it! It's your LO and the naming rights and likes/dislikes are yours and only yours. Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"