High-Risk Pregnancy

blood sugar numbers and the flu shot

Today my numbers are a good bit higher than normal for the same foods i always eat  i got the flu shot yesterday  could that have anything to do with the increase? just wondering if i need to reevaluate foods or hold off for a day or two after getting the shot.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: blood sugar numbers and the flu shot

• around 32wks i started getting higher readings than usual also for the same foods that were fine before.  i think it's normal.  I got my flu shot on Monday and my #'s have been fine since.  i doubt they're related but i could be wrong. good luck! 
    imageimage

• imagechristiney06:
    around 32wks i started getting higher readings than usual also for the same foods that were fine before.  i think it's normal.  I got my flu shot on Monday and my #'s have been fine since.  i doubt they're related but i could be wrong. good luck! 

Was hoping that wouldn't be the case.  I'll just keep charting and see how it all plays out.  Was really hoping the flu shot might effect the numbers and be the cause.  grrrr. . . . 

• Loading the player...
  • Got my shot this week and my numbers have been lower than normal.  No complaints here! 
  • I have been a Type I diabetic since I was 12 and have gotten the flu shot every year.  I've never noticed a difference one way or the other; as far as I know, it shouldn't affect your sugars.  If you develop a cold or something, though, that can affect them.  Some people feel slightly ill after getting vaccines, so if that happens to you, it might be the case.  Otherwise, I'd suggest checking with your doctor.

Best wishes for a safe and happy pregnancy!

Jessica

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"