Military Families

tricare reserve select question?

My husband in in the Navy Reserve and we currently have Cigna and we want to switch to tricare reserve select and i am trying to find information about tricare reserve sele.ct.  We are trying to conceive and what to know what it covers. Does it cover infertility, IUI, IVF, medications etc. Thank you in advance---Hope

Re: tricare reserve select question?

• https://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/jsp/Medical/IsItCovered.do?kw=Infertility+Treatment

TRICARE may cover the following types of infertility testing and treatment.

Diagnostic services to identify physical illnesses or injuries to the reproductive system are covered for both men and women. Infertility treatments, corrective treatments and surgeries for women are also covered. However, correction of male infertility may be cost shared, which is determined on a case-by-case basis.

Therapies covered by TRICARE include hormonal treatment, corrective surgery, antibiotics, administration of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) or radiation therapy depending on the cause. These therapies are covered for both sexes.

TRICARE also provides medically necessary appropriate medical care for erectile dysfunction due to organic, vice psychological or psychiatric, causes.

Exclusions:

• In-vitro fertilization (IVF) for women (see note below)
    • Reversal of surgical sterilization is not covered for either sex.

A note about IVF: While TRICARE does not cover IVF, there are four military treatment facilities (MTFs) where IVF medical training programs are conducted. Beneficiaries who participate in these programs will be responsible for all MTF costs.

30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Thank you for the information. I just wanted to gather some info before contacting tricare.

Last question Out-of-Pocket Costs.

I understand  deductibles. What do they mean by cost share? Please give examples.

Let us say I go to a doctor and the bill is $300 i have to pay $45?

After you've met an annual deductible, you're responsible to pay a cost share (or percentage).

Type of Provider

Outpatient Cost Share

Inpatient Cost Share

Network

15% of the negotiated rate

$16.85 per day ($25 minimum charge)

• Loading the player...
  • imagesummerof69:

Thank you for the information. I just wanted to gather some info before contacting tricare.

Last question Out-of-Pocket Costs.

I understand  deductibles. What do they mean by cost share? Please give examples.

Let us say I go to a doctor and the bill is $300 i have to pay $45?

After you've met an annual deductible, you're responsible to pay a cost share (or percentage).

Type of Provider

Outpatient Cost Share

Inpatient Cost Share

Network

15% of the negotiated rate

$16.85 per day ($25 minimum charge)

I found it confusing too. We have been on TRICARE select for a year and never used it until I got pregnant. So far we have paid NOTHING! Not even co-pays for appointments. I called and asked about the annual deductible and I still can't figure out when that applies because several phone reps told me we don't pay them for normal appointments. So maybe that's only for catastrauphic events? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you very much this helped me a lot. I called tricare and the rep said tricare res select is like standard. One question i forgot to ask if any Rx medicine was covered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"