May 2011 Moms
Options

Help me choose: Jumperoo

I'm being totally indecisive.  DS loves to bounce so I think it's time we get a jumperoo.  

Which one should I get:

A: Baby Einstein Musical Motion Activity Jumper

or B: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo

[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Help me choose: Jumperoo

• Options

I got the Fisher Price Love U Zoo Jumperoo....DD is 4 months and it took her 3 days to figure it out....now she jumps like crazy!!!!! and laughs!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedianadvargas:

I got the Fisher Price Love U Zoo Jumperoo....DD is 4 months and it took her 3 days to figure it out....now she jumps like crazy!!!!! and laughs!!!!

This! My DD loves it. Also, check craigslist for used jumperoos! I got a great deal on one that was like new. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got the Baby Einstein jumperoo, but DD haven't tried it out jet. Our pedi told us it wouldn't be good for her uterus ( It is not good to let a girl sit before 6 m )
  • Options

imagenes13:
    I got the Baby Einstein jumperoo, but DD haven't tried it out jet. Our pedi told us it wouldn't be good for her uterus ( It is not good to let a girl sit before 6 m )

Crap.  My first sat unassisted at 4 months.  I suppose I should have been pushing her down all this time.  I guess you live and learn.

• Options

imagenes13:

Seriously?  So I should just keep knocking my five month old down now that she's learned how to sit up on her own? That's ridiculous IMO.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options

imagenes13:

lol... what?!?! It's a mile stone that we hope baby has achieved by 6 months.  It's a prerequisite to eating!  If baby can sit supported... yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm interested to hear when this pedi thinks solids should be introduced.

• Options

I got the FP Rainforest one off kijiji for $50... mostly because it matched the swing and bouncy seat. I don't care, but DH strangely does.

As for the uterus pedi, I'd ask where he got his time machine because that doesn't make a lot of sense for advice in 2011.

• Options

I have B---the Rainforest. We just got it out of storage yesterday, and she spent some time in it today. She hasn't quite figured out the jumping part, but she's getting there. I remember my DS finally figuring it out and it was on...like donkey kong. 

We also have an exersaucer (which I moved to our basement playroom, jumperoo is in our LR) and she likes that too. The jumperoo is always a big hit as they get older.  

• Options
    Not really a fan of jumperoos. I've had Ian's physical therapist tell me that they develop muscles that won't be used much and encourages them to get up on their toes, which isn't great for learning to walk. But to each her own!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagenes13:

haha. Fire that pedi.  :D

• Options

We have the baby Einstein one. I chose it over the others because it seemed to have more items on it that were interactive, vs. a lot of things that just made noises AT DS. It does have a piano, but he loves that and you can set it to play single notes, songs, or say "circle, green, etc.". He definitely knows that it's making sound because he pushed it. Also, I liked that the bars didn't go over where DS's head is and they're padded. It made the most sense to me.

• Options
    We have the FP Rainforest Jumperoo.  DD loves it and jumps like a maniac until her jumping causes the jumperoo to make the elephant noise.  Then she bursts into tears.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options

imageflutepharm87:
    Not really a fan of jumperoos. I've had Ian's physical therapist tell me that they develop muscles that won't be used much and encourages them to get up on their toes, which isn't great for learning to walk. But to each her own!

My DS spent a lot of time in his jumperoo from 5-9ish months. He walked at 10 months. 

Maybe it's all things in moderation?

• Options
    imageLisa Frank:

imageflutepharm87:

My DS spent a lot of time in his jumperoo from 5-9ish months. He walked at 10 months. 

Yeah... I'm not using it to help him learn how to walk. Or even to really learn anything. I'm using it because it entertains him for 5 whole minutes all by himself, which is amazing.

Also on the Debbie Downer list: sippy cups. Sippy cups are the devil according to the speech therapist that came to our mom's group a few weeks ago. They develop all the wrong face muscles.

• Options
    imagetokenhoser:
    imageLisa Frank:

imageflutepharm87:

Yeah... I'm not using it to help him learn how to walk. Or even to really learn anything. I'm using it because it entertains him for 5 whole minutes all by himself, which is amazing.

Also on the Debbie Downer list: sippy cups. Sippy cups are the devil according to the speech therapist that came to our mom's group a few weeks ago. They develop all the wrong face muscles.

Well that's cool, because my bottle-refusing 6 month old, also hated sippy cups. He still does.  Oh, and whole milk. He hasn't had barely a lick of the stuff since 1 year.  He's DAMAGED. DAMAGED, I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    I got the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn. When I took Kingston toy shopping he actually liked the Rainforest one too!  I ended up with the Laugh and Learn because it has 3 different height adjustments for when he gets taller. It's for ages 3 months and up.  He reads the little book and plays with all the interactive toys. I think any choice you make will be fine. Lil' Kingston bounces himself to sleep in his jumperoo.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagesummerbride11:
    I got the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn. When I took Kingston toy shopping he actually liked the Rainforest one too!  I ended up with the Laugh and Learn because it has 3 different height adjustments for when he gets taller. It's for ages 3 months and up.  He reads the lil' book and plays with all the interactive toys. I think any choice you make will be fine. Lil' Kingston bounces himself to sleep in his jumperoo.

The Rainforest has 3 height adjustments also.  We just had to move it from 3 to 1 because that was the setting it was last on for DS.  

• Options

imagenes13:

Huh? Did I just read this? I'm not a doctor, but that just doesn't sound right. Babies (girls and boys) naturally begin to sit up. I never heard of interrupting this stage because of one's gender. 

218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think I'm leaning towards the Rainforest one because I like the way it looks and I like that it has the toys hanging from the leaves because DS likes to bat at things. 

I like the Baby Einstein one because you can attach new toys to it and I like the piano toy.  They both look fun... Rainforest one is cheaper, so I think I'll get it.  I'm using up a gift card, otherwise I'd buy used.

I think toys like this are ok in moderation. Everything seems to have some sort of warning or hazard now. You just can't win.

Thanks for the input!

• Options

imagenes13:

I would give my Dr the side eye if he told me this and ask him what study he was basing that on.   And aren't babies more or less standing in the jumperoo?  

• Options

I'm not getting a (used) jumperoo for another month but we visited a friend whose 7 month old was freaking out (in a good way) in the Fisher-Price Love U Zoo. Seriously, it was hysterical how much she loved it. We put DD in it (she was 3.5 months at the time) and she liked it, though she didn't get the bouncing yet. I will be looking for a used one next month and I hope the Love U Zoo is available somewhere...

For your poll, I voted for the cheapest Big Smile

• Options

imagenes13:

hahahhahahaha

*breathes*

hahahahhahahahaha

• Options

imagekacelle:
    We have the FP Rainforest Jumperoo.  DD loves it and jumps like a maniac until her jumping causes the jumperoo to make the elephant noise.  Then she bursts into tears.

I could have written this word for word.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagetokenhoser:
    imageLisa Frank:

imageflutepharm87:

Yep, I've heard this a bunch too. But as far as I know it only goes for the sippy cups with stoppers in them, it makes the child suck, just like on a bottle. If the cup just flows it should be okay.

• Options

imagenes13:

this has got to be a joke..

op - we have the baby einstein jumper and dd loves it.  she hasn't quite figured out jumping in it yet but she loves all of the toys and sounds. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS loves his FP Jumperoo.  I would check Craigslist before you buy it new. You can get them like new for a steep discount.
  • Options

imagekacelle:

LOL awww poor thing! That's hilarious though!

• Options
    I have the Baby Einstein one, and I chose it because it has a lot more toys then the FP one and you can attach even more to prevent boredom. The FP one looked a little too basic, and I thought it was worth the extra money for the toys. She is really starting to like it now, she's had it since 4 months and a week.
  • Options
    We have the fisher price on the farm jumperoo and we love it.  I love the songs on it :)  they are catchy and my son loves when I dance to the songs and sing while he plays.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"