2nd Trimester
Options

cheap maternity clothes?

You think I'd know all the hot spots by now, seeing as I've been pregnant for 2 years straight, but alas...I can't find anything I like.

Can anyone recommend any maternity clothing sites that have stuff for relatively cheap? I'm on a budget, and seeing as this is my last pregnancy I can't justify "pea in the pod" prices at this moment in time. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: cheap maternity clothes?

• Options

I like the motherhood maternity...I'm in Chicago and here I find some of the stores have both pea in the pod and motherhood. I agree pea in the pod is too pricey for something we won't wear all that long. I tried cheaper jeans from sears and they are not even worth the 20 bucks I spent on them, the waist just isn't the same good stretchy and I find myself pulling them up which I don't at motherhood and here I get them for 40 so not so bad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've found some stuff at Old Navy and Kohls.  Old Navy was just online, but I think some stores have a maternity section in store.  I can't stand the pants from Motherhood so I've been living in Gap or Old Navy pants/jeans.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just got some ok ones from Old Navy.  Nice and cheap but obviously the quality isn't too great.

I also just bought a big "lot" of clothes on craigslist.  I know some people really don't like buying used clothing (and I normally don't at all) but I just think maternity clothes are different because you only wear them for such a short period of time. 

Anyway I just made sure the neighborhood was nice where I was picking the clothes up from, there were plenty of pictures of the clothes and of course I went w/DH and the clothes were AWESOME! I got like 20 shirts, and 10 pairs of pants for $60.00.  The brands were motherhood maternity mostly btw.

• Options
    Burlington- I got like 2 pairs of pants and around 5 shirts for under $50. I got them all off the clearence rack, too.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I just bought a bunch of stuff from Old Navy...they had a maternity sale and an extra 20% off!  Can't beat that!  There are some really cute things...the down side to some of these items is that if I dont like them (since they were ordered online) I have to mail them back, I can't just return to store.  My mom also bought me some things from JCPenney that I really love.  Basic t-shirts/long sleeved shirts, and Jeans!  These jeans are the most comfortable things ever!  All on sale!
  • Options

I bought my seven for mankind jeans on ebay for $30. But I must say that I love Liz Lange for Target T-shirts, they are super long and stretchy so they don't look silly when your not big bellied. I scored alot of great things over the summer at Old Navy clearance racks, I got a shirt and two sweaters for $2.67! I wasn't PG at the time but was about to TTGP.

I also like to check out Goodwill, the maternity section isn't really looked over that often and I've found a few gems there.

I'm just glad I don't have to wear dresses. I've never found a cute maternity dress.

• Options
    If you have a Ross in your area, they have some cheap maternity clothes.  I got a bunch of t shirts from JCPenney basically free when they were on sale and used a $10 or $15 off coupon.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I called our Target and asked what dates they would be getting maternity shipments in. I needed a dress for a wedding later this year and ended up getting a really cute/nice one for $30. Usually I find that the stuff at target sells out really quickly if it's any good. I've looked on craigslist too, but no luck like the PP had. I agree that I don't mind buying used since it's such a short period of time to be worn. If you aren't someone who is really able to "plan" your pregnancies, you'll likely end up in a different season anyway! I should sell my summer lot on CL!! 
  • Options
    Burlingrton, Jcpenney, Motherhood Maternity, Target, Old Navy... Those are my top picks. Good luck!
  • Options
    walmart.com has a decent selection for pretty cheap.  i got some jeans & a couple of shirts.  they are decent quality, definately great to last for the pregnancy & not spend a ton. plus they have 97 cent shipping
  • Options
    I have found good quality high end even clothing that have been gently used at some second hand stores. My mother found me a really nice light pants outfit for my cousins wedding and it was Motherhood Maternity for 8 bucks. so you can find stuff. Its just a matter of having the energy to go to the second hand stores to hunt them down. Good luck. Try Craigslist.com 
  • Options
    I was just in the Pea in the Pod yesterday and everything I tried on looked awful. Except for the expensive jeans I didn't even like their stuff. I've had much better luck with Old Navy and the quality doesn't bother me since I'm only wearing this stuff less than a year. I'm headed to Target this weekend to look for a few other items I need and their online selection is 'ok'.
  • Options

Oddly enough, if you go to Walmart.com they have a ton of stuff really really cheap.  I haven't ordered anything yet but I asked around the boards and others have been pretty satisfied with the quality.

• Options
    I've been using emommie.com and I love it! It's a maternity consignment shop online, but they are very picky about which clothes they will sell. Their clothes are very nice and in new condition. The added bonus.. you can sell you clothes back after your pregnancy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagenamcgee:
    If you have a Ross in your area, they have some cheap maternity clothes.  I got a bunch of t shirts from JCPenney basically free when they were on sale and used a $10 or $15 off coupon.

This is me! I got some pants from Ross, and also places about e-Bay.

• Options
    Burlington, Burlington, Burlington!! I was in the the other day and their selection is sooooo inexpensive! Probably not the best quality, but who cares!! I bought 8 tops and a pair of pants for about $100!!! I would like to shop at Motherhood eventually since they have a big selection, but I refuse to go in there without a sale or a coupon!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Motherhood, Khols, JCPenny, Old Navy, and Target.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"