High-Risk Pregnancy

GD ladies - how do you deal with this??

I have a co-worker (who I used to consider a friend until she kept doing this) who thinks it's hilarious to come up to me once or so a week with her lunch that consists of things she knows I can't have and go "Mmmmmmm this is going to be sooooo good".  Yesterday I said "Is it pizza.... you know something I can't have?" and she goes "Yup - yummy!" and proceeds to tell me everything that's on it and how delicious the crust is.  It's so rude and I don't even know how to respond without going crazy.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: GD ladies - how do you deal with this??

• I would personally tell her to stop it as you feel it is harassment. How insensitive can she be? This is part of the reason why my mom and DH are the only ones that know about my GD.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• It unfortunately got out really quick because they had a baby shower for me at work and I couldn't eat a lot of the food, then we do birthday treats and I had to get something that wasn't very much a "treat", etc.  Plus word here spreads like wildfires.  I try not to tell a lot of people about it because it's so misunderstood.  I just couldn't believe how RUDE she keeps being about it.  It's not like it's something I am CHOOSING - and even if it was it would still be inappropriate.
  • Loading the player...
  • Any chance you have told her that this bothers you?  Insensitive people can be lunk-heads, but even the dumbest ones get it when you tell them straight up that it really bothers you.  Maybe just take her aside next time and say something like "Dealing with GD and the risks for me and my baby is enough.  When you make jokes about foods I can't have, it just reminds me of the GD and it makes it harder. Could you please not do that?"

p.s. why can't you have pizza?  A small slice or two fits within carb counts.  Combined with a salad, you're good.  Is it a food that spikes your sugars? 

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• imagekristin172429:

Any chance you have told her that this bothers you?  Insensitive people can be lunk-heads, but even the dumbest ones get it when you tell them straight up that it really bothers you.  Maybe just take her aside next time and say something like "Dealing with GD and the risks for me and my baby is enough.  When you make jokes about foods I can't have, it just reminds me of the GD and it makes it harder. Could you please not do that?"

p.s. why can't you have pizza?  A small slice or two fits within carb counts.  Combined with a salad, you're good.  Is it a food that spikes your sugars? 

I wish she was just ignorant - I've told her when she did it with a dessert one time that it's "Not very nice" and not something that makes me dealing with it any easier. 

Regarding not having pizza - I have to be really careful what kind of "bread" I have with lunch or dinner.  They actually lowered my carb count for dinner.  I have to find more natural sources of carbs like vegetables (corn/peas) and such to eat.  If I do eat bread it has to have a LOOOOT of fiber/protein in it (at least 5 grams of each which is a lot in a bread) and I have to eat quite a bit of protein as my main source of food in order to make my number decent.  Pasta falls into the same category - I can't even look at it without my number going through the roof. 

Oh my goodness to be able to eat regularly again - can't wait!

• I would politely ask her to stop, tell her that you don't appreciate her rubbing things she knows you can't eat in your face. If she continues to do it, I personally would then be a little more forward about it... to say the least. That is just plain rude!!
  • imagemarinewife709:
    I would politely ask her to stop, tell her that you don't appreciate her rubbing things she knows you can't eat in your face. If she continues to do it, I personally would then be a little more forward about it... to say the least. That is just plain rude!!

Thank you.  I'm hoping since I only have 6.5 working days until I go on maternity leave that it won't come up again and if it does that I can be polite about it and not freak out... Fingers crossed, lol.

• I'd smack her with the piece of pizza.  Then just blame it on pregnancy hormones!
  • imageceelee4:
    I'd smack her with the piece of pizza.  Then just blame it on pregnancy hormones!

OMG OMG OMG I have tears running down my face from laughing so hard.  I LOVE the way you think!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"