Pregnant after IF
Options

Annoyed at RE nurse about U/S!

I went in for my first u/s yesterday.  I was 5W0D.  Well she went in and said all we look for is a blob or blobs in the right place.  So she does the u/s and finds the blob right away, they have a screen so I can watch everything.  I asked her to zoom in because I could see something in the blob.  She said no they only check for the blob and measure it and I will get a more in depth u/s next Wednesday.  So she printed out a picture for me to take home and even thought it is far away both DH and I can see somthing in the blob.  Which I know is good. 

It just annoys me that she was so cold and short with me.  Plus they called me and todl me that they didnt run HSG yesterday cause my level was 1501 on Monday so they stop at 1500.  They just ran progesterone.

Tell me if I am wrong to be annoyed, I can take it, it could just be me being hormonal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Annoyed at RE nurse about U/S!

• Options

I would be annoyed and I dont' think you are wrong.  She should have a better disposition and not be so short with patients.  And you'd think they'd use actual medical terms instead of 'blob' to describe what they see!!  At least she had the courtesy to print a photo for you though.

I cannot stand the Nurse Practitioner at my RE's office so I refuse to see her.  Whenever I am booking appointments, I make sure to ask which doctor it's with or if it's with the NP.  If they say NP then I tell them I want to see one of the REs so they find a way to work me in or I make my appointment for the next day.

TTC #1 since 01/2008 ~ dx:Unexplained Infertility ~ DH SA:normal ~ HSG:clear
    11/2010 IUI #1: BFN, 12/2010 IUI #2: BFN, 01/2011 IUI #3: BFN, 05/2011 IUI #4: BFN
    Taking a break this summer then moving on to IVF
    9/2011 Surprise natural BFP during TTC break
    10/2011 No heartbeat found during 3rd u/s @ 8w4d
    ***SAIFW & PAIFW***

• Options

yeah, her bedside manner could use some work.   what should have been a very exciting moment for you guys got ruined by her demeanor.  

that said, at 5w0d, they really aren't looking for anything other than the placement of the sac in the uterus - and if she does these everyday, she knows what she is looking for and knows if everything is looking on track.    But she could have taken more time to explain things to you!    

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd definitely be annoyed that she was so short with you! How hard would it have been for her to just zoom in for you? Ugh, so rude. 

However I did want to mention that not running your beta hcg may be a blessing in disguise... my RE continued to run mine and it was consistently very low and I was so worried about a m/c (numbers are in my siggy). Now that I've graduated to my OB she told me that they should have stopping running the tests after they initially showed that they were doubling because the numbers don't mean much after a certain point. Not knowing my beta hcg levels would have saved me alot of stress!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Maybe a little hormonal, BUT the nurse obviously needs to learn some better bedside manner - especially working at an RE's office!  But at 5 weeks, she is right - they really aren't looking for much and she probably didn't want to look for more so that you didn't freak out if there wasn't anything there yet - but of course, she could've explained that to you a little more.  And not getting your hcg checked at that point is pretty normal....at a point, they don't double anymore and start to level out, but the progesterone is the important part at this point.  Hang in there!  I hope your next u/s tech is much kinder with you and that you get to see that heartbeat! 
    TTC since 11/2009
    11/2010 DH SA good...01/2011 HSG is clear...01/2011 Consult with RE
    suprise BFP but m/c on 2/7/11
    03/2011 50 mg clomid=BFN
    04/2011 clomid+bromocriptine+IUI=BFP at 11dpiui
    Beta #1(11dpiui)=33, Beta #2 (13dpiui)=96, Beta #3 (20dpiui)=1910, Beta #4 (26dpiui)=20,134
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"