North Carolina Babies

Poll of the Day" Monthly Medical Costs

1) How much do you pay monthly for medical insurance?

2) What is your yearly max OOP expense?

3)  Do you like it?

And honestly I'm entertaining myself so feel free to ignore :)

Re: Poll of the Day" Monthly Medical Costs

• imageECUPirate04:

1) How much do you pay monthly for medical insurance? $300/month for all 3 of us.  DD and I are on my plan which is just shy of $200/month.

2) What is your yearly max OOP expense? For DD and I it is 4k each so 8k total.

3)  Do you like it? For the most part yes.  It is a little scary knowing what we are on the hook for but our company also gives us money towards our max OOP for taking wellness classes.  They give us about 25% of the 4k.

• 1)  Mine is $84/month, and DH's is free.  I honestly don't know how much it cost for the kiddos, I'd have to look at his check stub.  ETA:  the kids cost $120/month.

2) Mine is 4K, DH's is 4K, and one of the kids is 4K.  The way his plan works, if 2 of the people on the plan both meet their max OOP, then anyone else's expenses are covered.  So I guess total that would be 12K (my 4K plus their 8K).

3)  It's fine.  I like DH's plan alot better than mine, but it's so much cheaper for me to have my own plan through my work than pay to be on his plan.  Even though his is a high deductible plan, he still has co-pays.  I have a high deductible plan too, but don't have co-pays. 

We are on the hook for a good portion of our healthcare expenses, but having an HSA account helps with that.  Plus, DH's employeer gives them a little bit back towards their deductible.  It's manageable.  Since Eli was born, one of us has met our OOP every year for one reason or another and we've been able to swing it.  Hopefully that trend is over :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How much do you pay monthly for medical insurance? about $20 for just me, DH is on his own plan.

2) What is your yearly max OOP expense? $1000 (company pays the rest per our wellness plan)

3)  Do you like it? It's alright, but it is nerve racking to see what the bill is going to be like from the doctor until you hit the deductible. I just had two moles excised and that's costing me my deductible within one month.

• 1.) We pay just under $800/month for me and DS (this does include maternity for me).  My DH is covered through his work but since he works for a very small company our insurance is expensive because we pay privately.

2.) Mine and my DS is 2K each.  I have no idea what DH is since we never seem to even meet deductible for him...wish that was the case for me and DS.

3.) It's good insurance but I hate HATE HATE the price.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    TTC since Jan '10 and five heavenly children
    May 13th= 1st Beta 325 (16DPO) & May 16th= 2nd Beta 1045
  • imageECUPirate04:

1) How much do you pay monthly for medical insurance? $380ish for "Family" (which is all 3 of us, but wouldn't go up if we added another child)

2) What is your yearly max OOP expense? None

3)  Do you like it? I do for the most part. It's the cheaper of the plans at my job and I've had it for 9+years. Only in the last year have I decided that I would switch next year with open enrollment. Last year they quit covering at a major ortho clinic (which I had used). That was disappointing. They also are very limited to only the triangle area, so I worry about what if something happens while we are out of town. However the infertility benefits are outstanding, which makes me want to keep it (though the other plans maybe just as good).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"