Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Fight with DH- vent (Not really PGAL related)

So DH and I had a rocky first year of marriage (we have been married for 2.5 thus far)- to the point where we were apart for most of it.  Anyways- since February, we have probably had 2 little arguments.  Before- it got to the point of screaming and throwing things.  Well the past 2 days my hormones have been running and I admit I have been cranky.  My DH has also been off and any little thing he does or doesn't do has been driving me crazy.  Anyways, this evening before he had to go back to work- he stopped in and I am not even sure what started it.  But before I knew it I was trying to leave the house and he was blocking the door.  UGH.  We are never like that anymore and I especially don't want any unnecessary stress.  I feel fine now.. he is gone to work for another couple of hours but he is always adament on fixing the problem right away and I like to be by myself after a fight until we are both calm.  I think that we both have unspoken feelings/concerns and of course those lovely little hormones.  Anyone else finding it difficult?  I know my friend always says "pregnancy is not good for my marriage" lol. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fight with DH- vent (Not really PGAL related)

• Options

Well if he is at work now at least that gives you your opportunity to calm down and be alone but it also gives him the chance to fix it as soon as possible right?? 

I think the best thing to do is get the unspoken feelings and concerns out on the table.  If you are hiding it all inside eventually yeah it is gonna blow up... So sorry you had such a bad fight.

And yes, hormones suck, they are what is bad for marriage, lol.....

The biggest thing to remember is that he is pgal too and if he is anything like my dh, he is trying to not be hopeful or excited, but is trying to act excited so you don't think he isn't, he is scared, but wants you to think he thinks everything is going to be fine this time, he is still sad, but doesn't want you to know. 

My DH told me at the OB the other day, when we were talking about when they couldn't find Gabriel's HB and I was freaking out and he was sitting there calmly.

He said that he felt like his world was caving in all over again and he had to pretend like he didn't see it happening because it was his job to be the one to catch me when I was down and it didn't matter how he felt about it he had to hide it and the worst part was he didn't even realise he had given himself permission to be excited or dissapointed.  Happily Gabriel was fine, just hiding.  But his concern for how I was handling things made me realise that I wasn't the only one having a rough time. 

I still get hormonal...a lot...but it helps to put it into context.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"