Maryland Babies

what do you hope your kids do/don't inherit from you and DH

What personality/character traits of yours and DH's do you hope to instill in your LO and what traits do you hope they won't get from you and DH?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: what do you hope your kids do/don't inherit from you and DH

• From me: I know you said character traits but I had really hoped my kids wouldn't inherit my fair/sensitive skin because I have to worry constantly about making sure I have sunscreen on when I am outside and freckling, etc. But DS is pretty fair, so he will have to be careful.

From DH: I hope they inherit his athletic ability. He was one of those kids that played like every sport and excelled at them. DS is starting to look like he is a natural athlete too so that makes me happy. I hope they don't inherit his temper/patience issues. He can be a bit high strung at times. Not necessarily at me-I mean he lets himself get all worked up about stuff he can't control, like BGE fixing the street lights in front of our house. I am waaaaaay more mellow and hope they get that from me.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • oooooh  DH has a hot temper and is overly opinionated......it seems my oldest has already picked up these traits.  I am pretty even tempered and listen better than DH, so I am really hoping that my youngest will grab those traits of mine to balance out her sister.  fingers crossed!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • From me: My incessant need for things to be perfect. I agree with Remy though and I wish that she wouldn't get my super fair, sensitive skin, but I am pretty sure she will. Poor kid. :(

From DH: His cynicism.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • you guys are such girls - give a positive for yourself too!

• I hope he *does* get: DH's witty sense of humor, my thoughtfulness 

I hope he *doesn't* get: My teeth, DH's stubbornness, my closeted temper

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • I did say something positive about myself (sort of)! I hope they inherit my mellowness. DS is already looking like he takes after DH (extrovert, center of attention, gets fired up easily). I also was really creative and excelled at things like music and art when I was younger so maybe DS #2 will get that from me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • From me - easy going nature, quick thinker  Not from me - shyness, procrastination

From DH - genuinely kind and thoughtful, good problem solver  Not from DH - anxiety, tendency to micromanage (another part of the anxiety)

• I hope he gets DH's patience (I have none), kindness and thoughtfulness. I hope he gets creativity and passion. I hope that from both of us he gets drive. I hope he doesn't get DH's indecisiveness or my temper
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oops, read too fast and only saw the "don't"...I'm not that hard on myself!

I hope B gets my kindness and willingness to help other people and I hope she gets DH's passion for the things they love in life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hope he gets my patience and my sense of humor. I hope he gets DH's carefree kind of attitude and his willingness to help everyone.

I hope he doesn't get my "I care what everyone thinks" and "I have to please everyone" attitude. I hope he doesn't get DH's overly opinionated traits.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker C3M_011-1677082855-O.jpg
  • Me - I don't think they will get anything from me....  I hope they get the beautiful hair and skin that our donor has.

DH - his kindness and love for life.  His athletic ability.  I hope they don't get his sensitive skin.

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • imagelenebene:

Me - I don't think they will get anything from me....  I hope they get the beautiful hair and skin that our donor has.

I meant "inherit" in a general way - what they will become by observing you, etc.

LOL at the donor's hair and skin!

• From me: Yes to my loyalty, closeness to family, brains and attention to detail. No to my temper and serious introverted-ness.

From DH:  Yes to his athletic ability, kindness and overwhelming desire (and ability) to befriend and see the best in everyone he meets.  No to his lack of attention to detail and inability to do anything in moderation - it's one extreme or the other for him and it can be a little crazy-making.

lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • From me: My thoughtfulness toward family, passion for life. Not from me: my lack of patience and shyness.

From DH: His work ethnic, love of sports, even if DD or LO#2 doesn't play. Although I can't imagine them not playing sports. LOL Not from him: His laziness when it comes to pick up after themselves. 

• From me: kindness, caring and compassion, love for baking and cooking; Not from me: anxiety, insecurity, my tendency to procrastinate

From DH: ability to remain calm and clear-headed, good athlete, loyal and protective; Not from DH: being the King of Unfinished Projects, not the best communicator

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Poor DS got both things we hoped he wouldn't:  my fair skin & DH's temper.

We're hoping baby #2 doesn't get stuck with either!

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"