Military Families

I'm so glad I saw this! Intro

Hi! My name is Brittney and I am only 9 weeks pregnant! My husband is a pilot in the AF and we are stationed in WA. We found out we were pregnant a week before my husband deployed, thankfully! We've been trying for 2 years, and surprise, surprise we have a little one coming!

I'm sure I am not the first, and I wish I was the last, but my husband is scheduled to be deployed again when the baby is due. Has anyone else had this happen? Again, I know Im not the first, Im just scared with this being our first baby! Any thoughts?!

Re: I'm so glad I saw this! Intro

• Welcome.

You should email TheBump and have them change your screenname. Using your full real name isn't a smart choice.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi! :) My H is scheduled to deploy right after I give birth. Since we don't have a lot of good friends to help me while he is gone, we opted that I go back to where we grew up to give birth and stay during his deployment. Our families don't have the option to come to me since they all work full time jobs and we are across the country, so it's not an easy trip. It's also his first deployment since we've gotten married, so it's all new to me. Good luck!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGreenFlamingo7:

Welcome.

You should email TheBump and have them change your screenname. Using your full real name isn't a smart choice.

GL!

Yea, I realized that after I did it. I keep trying to change it, but couldn't figure it out! Thanks for the idea of emailing!

• Congrats! I'm guessing that you are stationed at McChord, so are we! My hubby just got back the beginning of September.
  • unfortuantatly when I was in the military I saw it a lot. Even as a spouse I see it happen all the time. Your DH should be entitled to 10 days of leave when the baby is born, but that's about all they gurantee.
  • Not sure how the AF does it, but the Army does 10 days nonchargeable absence called paternity leave.  It can be combined with ordinary leave and is only applicable to children born with a spouse after Oct 2008.  No girlfriend, no fiancee, no backdating prior to 10/08.  Must be signed by BN CDR or first O5 in a command position. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"